iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Iron with lots of pictures

Started by thedeeredude, August 18, 2008, 08:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottAR

New holland "hayliner"   made the last ones in '85 if I remember.

Great photos... Love the Cats...
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Warbird

That was enjoyable.  Thanks for posting all these pics!

DanG

Wow!  I thoroughly enjoyed the show, Deeredude! 8) 8)  Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.  All that resizing and posting must have taken a while.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

thedeeredude

It only took a couple hours :D  I'm still working on getting the videos up.

Captain

Thanks for the effort!  We need more old iron enthusiasts your age!!

Captain

thedeeredude

thedeeredude

thedeeredude

thedeeredude

thedeeredude

thedeeredude

timberfaller390

L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

thedeeredude

thedeeredude

Ill leave everyone to bed with suspense for the video of the sawmill actually hacking an oak log, it'll be on tomorrow.  Does anyone know what for bit is running in that saw?  It looks like it has to be sharpened with a cant saw file.

beenthere

I saw that strange bit in the circular saw. Not sure what the deal is there. Someone here will surely know tho.  :)  .......or at least have some thoughts on it.  :)

Many thanks for the time and effort you took to take and post the pics. Really appreciate your hard work.

I assume it is this pic you are referring to...

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dave Shepard

Thanks deeredude. I just got home from hanging the flywheels on an IHC 20HP Famous engine. Will be firing it up soon. I have a corn sheller and hammer mill we are going to run with it next month.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Fla._Deadheader

Isn't that what's called a "Standall Bit" ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

beenthere

Right you are Harold...
Found them in the Simmonds site...some indication the style is for a chip-breaker built in.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gary_C

Thanks for all the work to post those pictures.

I did not know that New Holland made a self propelled bailer. It must have been underpowered as that looks like just a small two or three cylinder engine.

I spent some time behind an IHC baler with it's own engine to run the baler, but it was pulled with a tractor, not self propelled.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

thedeeredude

Thank You Sponsors!