iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas in August!

Started by scgargoyle, August 16, 2008, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scgargoyle

I finally got my Christmas present- a Gransfors Bruks Small Forest Axe. The missus ordered it for Christmas, and the factory burned down! All this time later, we finally got it. The only good news is the dealer offered free shipping, and held to the original price, which has since gone up. It's scary sharp- you can actually shave your arm with it. I'd post a pic, but well, quite frankly, I've given up on posting pictures. :-\ All I can get is a postage stamp by the time the gallery will accept it. You all probably know what an axe looks like anyhow. :D Now, to find something that needs cutting....
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Fla._Deadheader

UUmmmmmm, We don't ALLOW members to quit trying to post photos. In fact, it's almost a requirement to be in good standing, here.  ::) ::) ;D ;D

Just WHAT are you doing, first ???  What program are you using to manipulate the photos ???  C'mon, ya gotta indulge me here.  >:( :D :D :D

It's NOT difficult. I will hold yer hand through the whole process, DEAL ???  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

Congrats on the belated gift, Gargoyle! 8)  Last time I had a wife give me the ax, it didn't have nothing to do with a Christmas gift. :-\

Now, about your photos...I took a peek at your gallery and didn't find anything wrong with the pics in there.  I got a feeling you're just stopping one step short of success.  The pix you see when you open the gallery are just "thumbnails."  If you click on one of them, it brings up the full sized pic and gives you the opportunity to post it.  Give it another shot, wouldya?  I got a feeling we're missing out on something here. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

TexasTimbers

yeah, what hardhead said. You can't give up. I can post pictures in my sleep . . .  are you gonna let A Texan be smarter than you! :o 

Congrats on the axe, but you gotta gityer picture-postin thing down. You can't let a Texan show you up. That's downright embarassin.  ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Fla._Deadheader

Quoteyeah, what hardhead said
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

TexasTimbers

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on August 16, 2008, 02:54:24 PM

Quoteyeah, what hardhead said
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

About not giving up on posting pictures. Was agreeing wid ya. ;)

DanG

Don't be agreein' with FDH.  He ain't used to it, and it gets him all out of combobulation. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

LeeB

. . .  are you gonna let A Texan be smarter than you! :o 

We are smarter than the average bear.  :D :D

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

TexasTimbers

that's true but Scargoyle looks like a pretty smart bear. Big as one too, look like for sure. Might ought to be on our best behaviour.    smiley_flowerhead

DanG I wasn't thinkin again. I forget about the importance of combobulation sometimes.  smiley_brick hits_hardhat

thecfarm

I've got one better than that,are you going to let  A YANKEE be smarter than you.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

I could not do that to you,scgargoyle.Click on to one of your thumb nail picture.It will open up into another window and be bigger.Scroll down,past the thumbnails pictures on the bottom until you see,Click here to copy this photo code directly to you FF post window. Say OK and you're done.

Hit the enter key a couple times to bring the picture down away from your post so it all won't run in together.Preview it and see how you did.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

TexasTimbers

I was just fixin to say "DanG, farm! No need to get nasty about it you trying to rile the man!" :D

What is in that picture? An owl or a hawk with a squirrel for dinner ???

scgargoyle

That's a Cooper's Hawk. That picture is only special b/c it was in our urban back yard, about 20' from the house. My problem isn't using the gallery, it's getting the DanG pictures small enough to up load in the first place. The only thing I have to size pictures with is --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--, and by the time it's under 45k, it looks like a thumbnail. I just find it to be a project every time I post a picture- so I ain't dumb (well, I am) I'm just lazy 'n hate 'puters. It's been said around our place that once our son leaves, my wife and I will be sitting around in candlelight reading books, and all the electronics will be piled in the closet. My son has photoshop, so I get him to re-size pictures once in a while, but he moves out Monday. Time to break out the candles....

Fla._Deadheader

QuoteDon't be agreein' with FDH.  He ain't used to it, and it gets him all out of combobulation.
>:( >:()($%*^*&^%$&^%$&^%*&^ >:( >:( >:( >:(
   First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on August 16, 2008, 07:51:17 PM

>:( >:()($%*^*&^%$&^%$&^%*&^ >:( >:( >:( >:(

Gotcha again, didn't I Old Friend? ;D :D :D :D

Fla._Deadheader

Actually, I've had conversation with Tom, quite a long while back, about how to make you think I'm not pleased. It took a while to happen, but, YOU are the one that got got, MY FRIEND.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you, thankyouverymuch.  8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

Uh, you're welcome, I guess.  It's been a while since I got that many grinnys and kickies and laughies out of anybody, so I suppose I done ok. :D :D

scgargoyle

Fla._Deadheader

Ahhh, Good job. NOW, right click on the image, left click properties,
and notice it is 100 Pixels X 67 pixels. You can go 4X larger, to 400 pixels X 400 pixels, if the image is square.

When you use photoshop, you have the image as it comes from the camera. Just center the image on the screen, by clicking the square shape on the button on the upper right part of the image screen. Then go up to the toolbar, click view, and find "zoom in". Everytime you click on "Zoom in", the size of the image will increase by %. Click until you have 100%. Image will appear HUGE. Don't worry about it.

Now, click on the image name on the toolbar. Go down in that column until you find image size. Click it.

NOW, you size the image. It's REAL easy. You will see numbers. That's the PIXEL sizes of the image. CHANGE the larger number to 400. The smaller number will automatically adjust to the proper size.

After you have done that. Click FILE ans save as. THis is where you store the image on your computer. Name the image in something you can always find easy on the forum. I use FDH, as in , Fla.DeadHeader.

Create a new folder, and name it Forum. Save image in that folder, and any future images you want to put on the forum.

NOW, you have manipulated an image, correctly as need be.

SEE ??? nuttin to it.  8) ;D :D :D

You should have the rest figured out, because you successfully posted the thumbnail, already.

Play with Photoshop, and you will catch on real quick, OR, HOLLER.  whiteflag_smiley
   First, it is ridiculed;

scgargoyle

Problem is, I don't have photoshop.

TexasTimbers

You don't have to have photoshop. Any 'ol simple software will do. I used to use the free version of xat (find it at www.xat.com) but I bought one called FastPhotos because I needed a couple more features than what xat would do.

Maybe what needs to happen is, us folks like me and others who can raise their hands if'n they wanna, need to accept the fact that this is a much bigger deal to us than it is you, and if you can live without posting pics then we can too. ;D

Fla._Deadheader

Here's what I was rememberin.

"My son has photoshop"  I thought you might have him load it on yer machine ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

scgargoyle

He actually has a legal desk of a high-end version (from his work) and they don't want anyone copying it cuz it would be their butt in a sling. I'm kinda old for computer stuff, although I use one at work every day. I think they're man's greatest labor creatin' device ever, except for being able to chat with like-minded folks on forums like this one.

beenthere

What system do you have, for computer work?
And what do you use to download photo's from the digital camera? That software would likely work.
Someone familiar with your system should be able to help you find it.

There are a number of photo resizers that come with a computer, and also a number that can be downloaded.

The xat is one that has been suggested in the help link here on the forum is but one.

Resizing is also useful when sending photos to your friends via email, so it is not just useful on the forum.

Don't let anyone discourage you from finding out how to do it. It's only computer work, as you mentioned. :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!