iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its Time

Started by woodmills1, June 20, 2003, 06:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

ok, I go to school today and there are no students.  I get my last paycheck at noon and at 2 will be eatin lobsters and shrimp while sippin some fine bourbon mash at a party for the 6 of us teachers who are done.  from this afternoon on I will be the wood cutter and never again a high school teacher.  Maybe a college class or two but mostly lumber and firewood and no high school. :P 8) :D :D :D :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Bibbyman

Congratulations!  

I bet "once a teacher, always a teacher".  You'll just be teaching another subject to a different class.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

dewwood

Congratulations!

It will be nice to wake up and want to go to work rather than the other way around.

Education is a continuing thing as I am sure you are well aware.  We continue to learn daily and sometimes the tuition is pretty high.  The other part is as your past work as an educator, you must continue to educate your customers on a daily basis to help make them better understand your product and how it fits their needs.

Best of luck.

Dewey
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Rob

Congrats  James,

We'll have to get together sometime in the near future and maybe do a little timber harvesting,or maybe cut up some cordwood...or maybe just dub around for a day either way congrats on being free  8)

Rob

Mark M

Congratulations James, how long did you teach?

Mark

OneWithWood

Congratulations!  Another milestone achieved, another chapter begun.
Best of luck to ye!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

woodmills1

I am sitting at school waiting for the last staff meeting at 11.  It so neat I am playing the third neil young CD and teachers a coming by to say good luck.

22 years here at Dracut plus 5 others in boston. watertown and newton(NJ)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

CHARLIE

Congratulations on your retirement from your teaching career! Sure glad to hear there's someone else on the board that enjoys a glass of bourbon. My favorite is Evan Williams Single Barrel bourbon whiskey. I like about 2 ounces in a glass with 1 drop, no more and no less, of water in it. Then I'll sip it for awhile.  I do like Jack Daniels too but that is not bourbon and nothing real special. I drink that by mixing it 2 ounces of Jack to 4 ounces of Club Soda. Nice cool drink on a hot day. Tom and I caught grasshoppers and fed them to the fish once while polishing off a bottle of Jack.....I can't remember if we had any water to go with it or not. :D  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

woodmills1

Makers Mark is good for a regular one, though I drink Jim Beam as my standard.  I will do rolling rock with a beam chaser, call it a green and brown. :D

shopteacher

Hi James,
     Well the big day finially arrived. Congratulations!  The original Rolling Rock is bottled about 30 miles from me in Latrobe, Pa.  and I'd be glad to buy you one if you were close by.  Hope retirement is good to you and long.  
      Just came in off the roof for a drink and caught your thread.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Tom

........and you thought teaching and school schedules were hard on you. :D     Now you are really in for it. Retirement is the hardest job a fellow can have.  You never finish and the boss is real task master. :-/ :D :D

Jeff

Millsie, since you are retired now you have da time to grab the wife and head for Michigan and the picnic in August. I'll feed ya the night before and buy yooseguys a drink or two.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

AtLast

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)STUFFThat HAS to be an OUTSTANDING feeling.....Wish ya the best in your new start.....RIP ( retire in peace)

RETIRE IN PEACESTUFF

AtLast

HURMPH ??? ???
I have GOT to figure out this extra stuff on here...cant even get da darn marque to work right...DAGNABBIT!!!!!

Tom

The best way is to use the "preview" box before you post.  It saves me many correctios. :)

Just remember that what you want the tags to affect has to go between the tags.   That word "stuff" should be replaced with the "stuff" that you want to scroll across the page. :)

Jeff

Remember AtLast, you can edit your own post to correct stuff.

Get it? HAHAHAHA I crack myslef up sometimes.

myslef? I think I'll leave that.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

Congratulations James   :)  but to be honest, I'm just a teeny bit jealous.   :'(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Furby

Hey Jeff,
 What are you serving for food night before the picnic ??? Will it be grits ??? Or how about piggy wiggy ??? I like piggy wiggy ;D

So that's how you do the scroll thingy!!!!!!! 8)

woodmills1

whoohaa  first day!  party was great many green and browns and a watch to boot.  took some pics but havent looked at them yet

Brian_Bailey

Congratulations on stepping off the treadmill !  It's time too relax and really enjoy life.  

Just a few words of caution though,  it will take awhile for you realize that you're really retired and not just on vacation!  

Plan your day or you'll tend to over work yourself, just remember there is always tomorrow.

After awhile,  the days just run into each other, so you'll have to ask someone is this thurs. or friday ?  I find some people get irked at this,  so I always look at the calender before I start the day :D.

Here's to a long one !
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Grampa_Joe

Hope you enjoy yourself. I'm looking to go in three months and would be interested in how your getting along. I've been aquiring all my toys for the last two years in the hopes of keeping busy. But I don't think you really know until its time. All I know is - a lineman for 37 years is a long time. But I never had to deal with the kids.
Grampa Joe

DanG

Congratulations, Millsy! 8) 8)  I'm proud of anybody who gets out of the rat race without a toe tag.

Grampa, you're a lineman, huh?  Isn't that the same as a Forester in N. Dakota?   I heard that the power pole is the State Tree.   :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Lyle_Brumm

Congrats on your retirement you have deserved it.  I retired 11 years ago after 37 years of teaching Soc. St. to eighth graders.  Just think of it as an extension of summer vacation and in the winter its lots of snow-days, after I retired I never went back, one gets busy with golf, hunting, fishing, the shop, etc.  Now you can put anything off till tomorrow.

Frank_Pender

Dear James,  

Well done my fellow teacher.  You can bet you will miss the kids but not the bureaucratic "stuff".  I will be beginning my 4th year of retirement from teaching 30 years here in Dallas, Oregon.  You will find that sometimes in the deepest part of the Winter or a really miserable weather day be saying, "Perhaps the classroom was not so bad."  But, that thought will be fleeting and you will go on sawing lumber, splitting wood or delivering one or the other.  

I wish you the very best of times in your retirement and your new full time occupation.   Take some time along the way to smell the sawdust or even the roses.

I too have forgotten what the date is or even was as well as the day of the week.   As time passes the gets even worse, I don't really care, let alone know either of them.  

I do miss the kids, something awful from time to time.
Frank Pender

woodmills1

Kathy worked at the resturant last night and called me a 11 to say she was going for a drink with the crew and did I want to join her.  When I got there it was funny, most of the crowd in the place was either an ex student or a parent of an ex student.  needless to say I didn't have to spend too much money and enjoyed a lot of giggles and laughs. :D

Patty

Sounds like you are enjoying this retirement thing already!
Congratulations to you, after all those years of teaching young minds full of mush, you certainly deserve an extended vacation.

Have fun!  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Sawyerfortyish

James congrats on the retirement 8) But now the real work begins. Keeping yourself busy. I have never worked for anyone but feel like I have Dad retired in 89 . That is retired to thinking up more things for us boys to do than ever now that he has more time to think. As time goes on you'll wonder how you ever got any thing done around the mill or home while working a full time job. But if you enjoy what your doing it's not really work and one day does lead into the next I lose track all the time.

woodmills1

so far I have crossed a few things off of Kathys to do list some of them have been put off quite awhile. right now mom and dad are here from new jersey and dad at 84 is rarin to go get some work done. :D

woodmills1

just went out to get yesterdays mail and there it was, my last paycheck.  It covers my unused sick days saved up over the last 22 years.  they are worth $55/day.  the check is gross, that is $17,820 gross or

$11,397.92 NET[/size][/b][/color]

now thats the biggest payroll check I ever got! 8) 8)

Tom

Now you can afford that new cane pole you always wanted. :D

Frank_Pender

Yep, James that is a nice check.  But I had a bigger one, yesterday.    A lovely young lady came up to me as said,  "Hello. Mr. Pender?"  I replied, "Yes."  she had her husband with here.  I simply asked which one are you in a laughing manner.  She told me who she was twenty years later and five kids.  She is just as lovely today as she was in the 7th grade.  I reminded her of where she sat in the classroom at age twelve.  That was the best paycheck I could every receive.    8)  
Frank Pender

woodmills1

tom can I get it with the horn and lights?

frank it is always so great to see the ex students out in the real world they just beam most of the time.

Tom

That's the Best thing about retirement, you can do any danged thing you like   No schedules, no clock, no bosses, no "have-to's" (less you want-to). :D

Hardest feller I ever worked for. :D :D

woodmills1

Kathy pulled off a surprise party for me last night.  there had to be over 100 of my ex students there along with most of my friends and just a few teachers that are more like friends.  It was great to see the students and watch there faces as I told them the stories I remembered about them.  My lovely wife has been planning this since december. at least that explains why there has been a cookie on the computer for hot mail every day.  when I asked why she opened an account there she said she didnt.  glad I didn't let my imagination get out of hand. we don't lie to each other and she said last night that it was causing her stress, but it was a great time.

Thank You Sponsors!