iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

advice

Started by Old_Hickory, August 13, 2008, 10:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old_Hickory

i am deciding between 2 saws the 372 XP anf the Jonsered 2171 both are basically the same price.And I know made by same company.I know the handles are different.
Besides that is anyone better than the other? Or would i outcut other? I know specs list 372 with .1 more hp  and do they have same warranty 
gotta love those XP saws

Rocky_J

The difference in specs is just a different person rounding off the conversion table numbers differently. The motors are identical, every part number for every engine part is identical, the porting is identical, the power output is identical. Buy the color you prefer.

Maineloggerkid

While I know that everything is the same, I have used both, and my 372 will slightly oucut the 2171. NOt sure why, I file them the same, same feul, same everything.  With these two saws, I would get which ever one was easiest on the pocket. One nice thing about the 2171 is the front handle can be used as a felling sight.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

Old_Hickory

thank you Mainelogger  I have saw the same also. Is why I asked this,If something was just a bit different about them
gotta love those XP saws

jokers

Quote from: Maineloggerkid on August 14, 2008, 05:01:28 AM
One nice thing about the 2171 is the front handle can be used as a felling sight.
Or on the Husky you can use the lines molded into the top and side covers. I prefer the angled grip of the Husky. Personal taste.

Old_Hickory

I ordered me a 372 xp this morning:I'll pick it up mon or tues
gotta love those XP saws

LeeB

Is the 2171 also slated to disappear like the 372?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Maineloggerkid

I know you can use the lines on the husky, it's what I am using now. I too, prefer the angled grips.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

Old_Hickory

Hi Lee I know the Jonsered website show a new works 2271 in making,but thats all I know
gotta love those XP saws

SawTroll

Quote from: Rocky_J on August 13, 2008, 10:42:18 PM
The difference in specs is just a different person rounding off the conversion table numbers differently. The motors are identical, every part number for every engine part is identical, the porting is identical, the power output is identical. Buy the color you prefer.

Yes!

...or the handlebar angle you prefer......... :)
Information collector.

SawTroll

Quote from: Maineloggerkid on August 14, 2008, 05:01:28 AM
....  One nice thing about the 2171 is the front handle can be used as a felling sight.

That is just a bad excuse for the streight-across handlebar........ :D

Quote from: jokers on August 14, 2008, 12:52:58 PM

Or on the Husky you can use the lines molded into the top and side covers. I prefer the angled grip of the Husky. Personal taste.

Definately!     8)
Information collector.

SawTroll

Quote from: Old_Hickory on August 14, 2008, 03:04:35 PM
Hi Lee I know the Jonsered website show a new works 2271 in making,but thats all I know

Probably the same as the Husky 576xp (not 575xp).
Information collector.

Old_Hickory

hey Sawtroll  have you noticed  that the equivilent husky sometimes will outcut the same Jonsered?  why is that if same thing
gotta love those XP saws

Rocky_J

Yes, and sometimes the equivilent Jonny-Red will outcut the same Husky. Maybe one was made on a Monday or something. Or maybe the owner doesn't have the carb adjusted perfectly. An eighth of a turn on the main jet screw will make a big difference in cut times.

You're batting at shadows here.

SawTroll

Quote from: Old_Hickory on August 14, 2008, 06:55:37 PM
hey Sawtroll  have you noticed  that the equivilent husky sometimes will outcut the same Jonsered?  why is that if same thing

I have seen it in test results from dynos as well, but I believe it is coinsidential - virtually no two saws of a given model will perform exactly the same anyway - too many variables in production......   ;)
Information collector.

SawTroll

:-[

Double posting - can a mod remove this post?
Information collector.

zackman1801

get what ever saw you have a dealer closest to you. for me a husky would work out, a Jred, forget it. the nearest dealer is almost 45mins away, im not going to keep driving back and forth to get parts and pieces.
"Improvise, Adapt, OVERCOME!"
Husky 365sp 20" bar

Thank You Sponsors!