iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How low can a person go?

Started by Faron, August 12, 2008, 09:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faron

A couple of weeks ago I was in a Rural King store looking around.  There was a stack of double spring leg hold traps on a shelf.  On the front corner of the shelf was a set trap.  I thought it was a dummy trap that had been welded open.  A closer inspection revealed that was not the case.  Some one had set one of the traps and placed it in easy reach of any child who might walk nearby.   >:(  After showing Chris what I had found, I tripped the trap and put it back where it belonged.  We then located some employees and alerted them to the situation.  They were as shocked as I was.
I can't imagine why anyone would would do something like that.  I don't know what I might do if I caught someone pulling that kind of trick, but I suspect my boot would have to be surgically removed from someone's posterior.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Mike_Barcaskey

that's pretty low
maybe lower than the person who stole my MS200 out of the back of the truck last week

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Don_Papenburg

I would think ,rather than messing up a perfectly good boot , the trap would be better slaped into their crotch.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Ernie

Sounds like he's an ideal candidate for joining the Vienna Boy's Chior ;D ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

SPIKER

I like Don's thinking ;) :-[

I have found similar things in stores as well.   Done by some teen I'm sure...   

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

timberfaller390

Found the exact same thing at our local sportsmans warehouse, except it had been placed inside a bin I reached in and pulled out another item and it was tangled in the chain so out came the trap with it
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

flip

I'm sure you have seen some of the people that work there, does it surprise you much?  I think they hire out of the lower spectrum of the IQ.  I tried to get one of them to help me get a chain a few weeks ago.  One of them was standing along the back wall next to the trailer parts, so I decided to do a little test.  I stood there for 8 1/2 minutes and staired at a box of chain before he walked the 10 feet to ask me if I had any questions.  I said no, just staring, thanks.  I gave up and just picked up a section of pre fab chain and chicken feed and left.  I try to avoid the place until I need some feed, especially if I need any type of help. ::)
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Faron

Flip, this happened at the one in Princeton.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

flip

I think you could put a -fill in the blank- Rural King and you would find the same great people and customer service ::)
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Kansas

I wonder if that wasnt the work of some animal rights activist trying to make a statement. Not saying it couldnt have been a teen or employee prank, but thats pretty extreme for a prank.

Thank You Sponsors!