iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

49sp

Started by ENTS, August 11, 2008, 09:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ENTS

I put this in the wanted forum -- a couple looks, no replies.  So I thought I'd try it over here. 

I'm trying to restore a 49sp.  The jug I can salvage but the piston is really scored.  So, I need a new piston (44mm).  Does anyone out there have a source for a 49sp piston&ring or a workable alternative?  Also need gaskets, especially the carb. to jug (I could probably make one but this one is really weird).

Thanks,

Fred
Fred Henry,  Over Worked, Under Paid

beenthere

A Google on 49sp came up with a Jonsereds chainsaw, of about 1980.

Is that what you have?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kevin

The 50,51,52 and 52E jug might be the same.

ENTS

I've got two jugs, one I can save.  It's the piston I need.  If the 50, 51, etc. jugs are compatible I wonder if the pston is compatible???  I have a note out to Curt (ebay) to see if his 2040 or 2141 (both 44mm) pistons might work.  I'm afraid the wrist pin size may be different.  Anyone know??

These old 49sp pistons are hard to find.  I'll probably end up modifing a piston that is close but I'm not set up to do such work so I hope it turns out o.k. 

Later,

Fred
Fred Henry,  Over Worked, Under Paid

SawTroll

Quote from: ENTS on August 12, 2008, 07:09:38 AM
.........  I have a note out to Curt (ebay) to see if his 2040 or 2141 (both 44mm) pistons might work.  I'm afraid the wrist pin size may be different.  Anyone know??

.......      Fred

Those have a different (shorter) stroke...........
Information collector.

MOTULMAN

you can buy a piston and ring on ebay cheap brand new

Thank You Sponsors!