iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Naked food . . . . .

Started by TexasTimbers, August 09, 2008, 10:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

My wife did something neither of us has ever done to our memory. She cooked an entire meal and did not use any seasoning at all. It was delicous. It was a simple meal. I bought the ingredients yesterday and was going to cook for her but I been building cabinets all day so she said she'd cook the stuff.

My wife knows I like to have 3 things to eat. 4 is okay, and 5 is too, but I prefer 3 seperate things. 2 is no good. 1 is poor folk unless it is a mess of fish or clams or crab or quail or rabbit or something like that then 1 thing is okay. But for just regular lowlander food I generally like stuff in 3s. Tonight was center cut pork chops, sauteed peppers and onions, and sliced avacado.

All she did was cook the chops in olive oil (we like the strong flavor not the mild) and the peppers too. Yellow, orange, and red. No green. Greens are too strong for a pepper and onion stir for our taste.

We usually use balsamic vingear or butter & garlic, or several other of our fav spices for any pan frying like that, but tonight it was just the olive oil and the natural flavors. Not even any salt (we use that rarely) or pepper (we use that heavily). Man was it good. the flavors of the pork were subtle but you could taste it like you couldn't with any seasonig. The peppers were not as subtle, but went with the meat perfect. The fresh sliced avocado was the perfect compliment to round out the naked triumvirat.

We won't do it all the time, but we decided to try some other foods we normally season like this. Just thought I would throw this out there and remind y'all that sometimes, for a change, going no-seasons can be pretty tasty.

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

CLL

TexasTimbers, I'm like you, I like meat and two vegtables. The only thing is, the peppers I can still taste 2-3 days from now, and the avacado is like eating a persimmon with sand in it. YUCK!!
Too much work-not enough pay.

TexasTimbers

You been gettin bad avacados. Mealy ones get spit quick here too. They have to be smooth as velvet in consistency or else they are not pleasin to the palette.

On the peppers, only the green ones do us that way. That's why they get ignored at the market.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Thank You Sponsors!