iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

45.00 $

Started by Old_Hickory, August 09, 2008, 09:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old_Hickory

hello all I was checking on buying a 460 yesterday when the dealer told me he could sell me a 650  for 45.00 more then the 460.Is the 650 worth 45.00 more than the 460.Also since same chassis,can it be turned into a 660
gotta love those XP saws

ladylake

Depend how much wieght you want to lug around. I would think a 660 jug and piston would fit.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

sawguy21

Stihl has given us a great price on the MS650W. Very close to the MS460 as long as you don't mind the extra weight.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sawmilllawyer

$45.00 is a small difference in price if you need that much saw. Ladylake is right about the increase in weight. But if you have big timber or want to chainsaw mill, might be the way to go. I just don't have the call to use a saw that big down here. But if I did.....
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

jokers

What is also relevant is how much the 460 would cost you? Only $45 more than alot of guys are getting for the 460 is $845. $900 will get you a 660 in some of places.

treecyclers

I run both a 460 and 660, and frequently lean to the 660 for the bulk of the work.
Both are great saws, but the 660 when teamed with a 24" bar makes very quick work of things that the 460 would struggle with. The power difference between the two is pretty big in my opinion, and the extra $ for the heavier saw is worth every penny.
Conversely, if you have difficulty working with heavier saws, and have a little more patience than me, go for the lighter saw. It gets the job done well.
I'm sure that whichever saw you choose, you'll be pleased.
Stihl makes a fine saw, and I personally own 3 of them - 390, 460, and 660.
And, I am looking at getting a 200 too....for making short work of limbing and dissection while high in the tree.
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Old_Hickory

hello tree i wound up getting a 372 xp  ive been laid off a couple months and funds were tight.Hopefully next year i can get a 660 its my most wanted saw
gotta love those XP saws

Thank You Sponsors!