Diesel engine and bio diesel

Started by artenvielfalt, August 05, 2008, 06:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artenvielfalt

hi there, maybe it is the fastes way and others see it too,
i have a 10" with a 24 hp Honda on it and a wide frame for 1,5m cutts. is it possible to change the engine to a diesel one?  or what is done to the frame that it is stronger? have you pictures for me.  and does the engine run on biodiesel yet,... it might be a very good option to do that so it saves a lot of costs for the fuel
what is the change on the gearbox?
thanks and till soon
ulf

techmark

Hi Ulf,
It is possible to convert your 10" mill to diesel.
We are using a reasonably lightweight aircooled diesel, so the frame does not require additional strengthening, it does need some big rubber engine mounts to help damp the vibrations. You can use your existing gearbox.
The diesel engine can run on B10 (10% biodiesel)
i will try and get some photos

Mark.

thecfarm

techmark,go up to help and read on how to post pictures.I see you made up an album.You are proably hung up on sizing the pictures correctly.Give us a yollar.We will gladly help you.There is alot to it,but it is easy to do once you have done it a few times.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

techmark

ok, so this photo is a bit of a test.  :)
If it works and you guys want to see more, let me know.

techmark

submarinesailor

Yes, we want more pictures........

Bruce

techmark

I shall get some more photos shortly, when we are building the next order. In the meantime there are some shots of the diesel mill in action on this thread here