iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

micro hydro

Started by moonhill, August 04, 2008, 10:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH_Conley

I have a very good sight for an undershot wheel, looks good to me anyhow. 4 foot drop. 100 ft  about a mile of pond. Solid rock bottom. Wouldn't take much to add another foot to the pond. Should I ask for a permit or ask forgiveness. I think the forgiveness is for me. That is if I can ever afford to put it in to start with.
Bill

Kbeitz

If you ask for a permit they might say no.
If you just do it nothing will happen unless someone complains.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

AfraidChocker

Maybe hedge your bet a little, buy some lengths of silt fence, add some rock check dams if need be, but basically do all you can to keep silt out of the stream, that way if they do show up at least it looked like you put some thought and care into what you were doing.

Here we call that putting "lipstick on a pig", but bureaucrats love that sort of stuff.

I am joking a bit here, but do you know what I mean? A length or two of silt fence is cheaper than a fine and if it could keep you from having to pay one, it might be worth doing? Just an idea.
As a sheep farmer, I have no intentions of arriving at the pearly gates in a well preserved body, rather I am going to slide into heaven sideways with my Kubota tractor, kick the manure out of my muck boots, and loudly proclaim, "Whoo Hoo, another Sheppard has just arrived!"

Thank You Sponsors!