iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Crusarius on December 11, 2017, 07:29:51 AM
really hoping the ground freezes soon. still have not gotten manure on the garden. Will never get any good snowmobiling if it doesn't freeze.

Our ground rarely freezes before we get snow and we always have great snowmobiling. Depending on where your at we have 1~3 feet of snow on the ground already and nothing underneath is froze at all. The trail groomers have been going out and panning the trails smooth and once they stir things around they freeze up nicely. Looking at our forecast by the weekend there should be some excellent sledding....

Crusarius

We have had some good riding in certain areas without frozen ground but it sure makes the trails last quite a bit better when the ground does freeze.

thecfarm

Ground does not freeze here before we get snow. It use too many years ago. How things are a changing. Seemed odd when we had no snow for Christmas. Or the rain will come in January and melt a good part of the snow away. Seem Like I can remember a January thaw growing up. We reallly would not lose alot of snow,but it would settle down some.
The snow is coming today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Crusarius

yea. the roads are kinda crappy. but the other drivers are really crappy.

Chuck White

Snow's starting to add up now, looks like we've gotten around 3" since midnight, still snowing fairly heavy!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

She's froze here, was 10F this morning.  :snowball:  ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Been in the low teens at night and 20s during the days with snow everyday. Even as cold as its been the ground is mud and water under the snow.

Have two winters worth of manure piled up but with the ground as soft and saturated as it is it looks like it'll have to wait another year....

Crusarius

soon as the ground is frozen I will move my manure to the garden. but its not looking good so far.

chevytaHOE5674

I have a a few days worth of spreading with a 400 bushel spreader. Trouble is that's a heavy load so the ground needs to be solid or else you have 20k lbs worth of tractor attached to an anchor buried in the mud.

SwampDonkey

Snowing here, I guess it's winter now. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Been snowing here since just before midnight, got up this morning and it was 14° and snowing heavy, and still snowing.

Went out and checked a while ago and there is 4½" of new snow on the picnic table and it's still snowing.

Got the JD out and cleaned out the driveway!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Grizzly

Currently 1*C or 34F and mostly clear skies. Normal would be -20C. It's been a challenge to skate on the lake and keep it clear. Snow and ice just stick.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

thecfarm

Snow,snow,go away,come again some other day.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Crusarius

Chuck White

If you go just above the box you post your message in, there is a degree symbol there, just click on it and it will go to where your pointer is in your post, rather than the * sign, you can post the ° sign!

Just sayin'!

Grizzly

Thanks Chuck! I've now learned something for the day and it wasn't a waste.  :)
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

thecfarm

Did have sleet a few hours ago,now it's almost a hard rain. At 24°.

WDH

Too many glaciers up there.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

You can stop at L.L. Bean to buy some winter gear. I hear they have long johns too. ;D

Chuck White

Ray, I've gotten to where I put my LJ's on automatically pretty-much every day now!

SwampDonkey

Turned to rain over night, sloppy wet snow to scoop this morning. :D

Novascotiamill

ml of rain,no lobster fishing today for the fisherman.
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Lots of rigid genx5 tools
1 long haired german shepherd
2017 kioti ck2610HST with FEL and forks
Grindlux band sharpener
Wicked 55" root rake grapple
O

dgdrls

about -10°C here in CNY,  NW Lake winds are driving snow bands and a general spray of snow.
for once I'm being spared the driving wind here at home

D

Crusarius

yup. I think winter may have finally showed up. 10 degrees this morning. blowing and snowing. Think I am up to about 8" of snow.

SwampDonkey

There was <1/2" of slush to remove before it turns to ice this afternoon.  :snowball:

Thank You Sponsors!