iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

"Warmed" up to 29° today which looks to be the high temp until the weekend sometime. Tomorrow they are saying temps will fall into the low teen's with 30-40mph winds which will make the wind chills fall "well below zero" with upwards of a foot of snow says the radio.

So I moved the cattle to the woods for some cover and gave them some hay. Hopefully this snow melts before too long so I can run them back out in the pasture and graze them for another couple of weeks.

sandhills

chevy  we're going to start bringing our cattle home this weekend but I don't know how you do it, we have cornstalks for them to graze and clean up.  I can't imagine that kind of snow this early (knock on wood) it's been cold enough around here for it but been lucky enough to miss it so far, it just makes for a lot more chores/time.

chevytaHOE5674

Just makes everything that much harder. Going to help a fellow farmer out run his herd through the chute to vaccinate and start the sync process for AI'ing. Going to be a lot of fun with the snow coming down sideways and windchills below zero...

drobertson

Mercy sakes!! sounds like a mixed bag for many folks,, here its near perfect, opening week end for deer season, low 30's  and 50's for the highs, rats out in the yard right now,  varmits,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

chevytaHOE5674

Downright ugly outside. Temp is 13° and the wind is blowing a steady 30mph straight off the lake with snow blowing sideways and visibility of about 100 feet most of the time. Took us about twice as long to work the cattle as it would in good weather, and I'm frozen to the bone. Just tossed some wood in the stove and checked my cattle here and now its time to sit inside with a warm beverage and listen to the wind howl all night.  8)

SwampDonkey

Rebound in morning temps here, 42 this morning. Suppose to get a little damp at some point.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I've have rain at 34°.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Crusarius

Woke up to 19 degrees this morning. last nights rain turned to freezing rain and then 1" of snow covered all of it. I think winter just showed up.

Chuck White

I got up at 6:00 this morning to 1/2 inch of snow, the first of the season!

It was 16° and a slight breeze!

Just a sample of what's to come!!   :snowball:
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Gearbox

13 Below 0 and the Weather channel is in I Falls MN this morning . Jim come back when its winter . Pic on FB friend going to deer stand -14 in the swamp.
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

SwampDonkey

It dropped to 33 here, with a snow squall and wind. Now it is bright and sunny and still windy.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Crusarius

it only made it to 20 so far and there is a very strong wind. I chose the wrong day to need gas and propane. Now I have to try to get the shop above 38 so I can work and paint.

thecfarm

That wind is blowing. On the cold side.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Crusarius

Just came in from the shop. temp says 18. I guess 50 in the shop is really nice :)

thecfarm

First time it's been below freezing for 24 hours for a while. 25°

SwampDonkey

Definitely cool, 23 this morning. The squall snow still around in places on the ground since Friday. Literally no more than a salt shaker dusting.

thecfarm

I guess I could call it the first snow. Just a dusting and some places are white and some are not.  30°

SwampDonkey

The ground has been frozen solid here for about a week. Still green on the lawn. But winter is here, green or not. :D

Crusarius

I wanted to put the manure on the garden over the weekend and I couldn't even think about it with how saturated and soft everything is. feels like spring again.

thecfarm

This part of Maine,so far,has missed the snow. Only about 40 minutes from me the ground was white. Rain all day here,so far.  ;D

SwampDonkey

We had a light dusting here before it turned all rain. Right now at 6:00 am the wind has shifted and some flurries mixed in. Clearing out.  ;D

Crusarius

The salt has been raining from the heavens. at least thats way it looks like. Some spots are 1.5" deep on the roads. I hate salt, unless its on my food.

Chuck White

About 9:00 last night it started snowing here and by 1:00 it had stopped, less than 1/2 inch!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

curdog

Light frost this morning and starting to get warm in t-shirt now...

thecfarm

We made it by that chance of snow.
That wind is blowing hard. Wind gusts really. I was on the highway and I felt the car rock a little. Only mid 30's all day.

Thank You Sponsors!