iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I saw a horizontal rainbow today. Than Brenda went into town and saw a piece of a rainbow. I have never seen one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

It's raining, it's actually raining. 8) First we have seen since June, I really hope it puts a damper on the fires, couldn't see across the valley today.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Darrel

Sawguy21, we got some rain here in southern Oregon on Wednesday and it sure cleared up the air and slowed the fires down. The weather starts most of the fires and does most of the work to put them out.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

SwampDonkey

Had some mist on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, brooks didn't move much is depth, but filled the mud puddles.  ;D Been in the 60's and 70's, Friday was nice and dry and 73 and today is cloudy with thunderheads around. Wednesday morning lost all connections with internet/phone/TV as it is all on one system now. Lightning fried the set box I guess. Was 4 days for repair man to arrive, and on overtime hours at that.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Rainbows and rainbows and more rainbows. Had one that stayed nice and bright for a ½ hour. Most times they don't last that long. Saw the whole arch too.
Just a gentle shower.
No frost next week.
I have not had the heat on in 3 days.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

After frost again this morning the guessers are finally calling for a nice week, not overly warm (60's and low 70's) but I cut 60 acres of hay today that is sitting on top of standing water. Hopefully with a few nice days things will dry up and I can get the rest of my winters feed done.

Darrel

Spent the whole day at a park in Bonanza with friends.  Pondarosa pines, aspens, elms and cotton woods all growing together, temps in the 70's and just a little smoke, not enough to smell. Great day, now it's back to work.
1992 LT40HD

SwampDonkey

I didn't know elm grew in the PNW.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Darrel

Quote from: SwampDonkey on September 10, 2017, 03:10:59 AM
I didn't know elm grew in the PNW.  ;D
t

It's not native, but does well here on the dry side of the cascades if it is near water.
1992 LT40HD

thecfarm

It got into the high 70's and tomorrow should too.
Tomatoes are still a growing.

Darrel

Got into the mid 80's here today. Supposed to have frost before the week is out. Time to get out the blankets for the tomatoes.
1992 LT40HD

SwampDonkey

48F at 5:00 and 79F here for a high on Monday, suppose to be dry for the next week.  ;D

Bricklayer51

Took some venison out of the freezer and made up a batch of sausage smoked it yesterday what a nice day it was a joy to be outside.

SwampDonkey

Been in the 80's since Tuesday, hotter day for tomorrow. Clear blue sky and fall foliage is coming on.

chevytaHOE5674

Been in the 70's and no rain since monday. This is the best stretch of summer weather we have had all year. Have about 20 acres of hay to rake and bale up then I will call it quits for the year. Have more I should do but the rain and cool temps are supposed to return for the weekend and the days are getting so short its hard to get much done.

grouch

Aha! Crazy Frozen Northlanders stole our 70s!

Been drizzling and abnormally cool here since Monday. Several things I need to be doing but I've been staying warm and dry instead. Waiting on some tools to get back to work on my tractor. Been 60F or lower at night; days struggle to get to mid-60s. Irma sent clouds running the wrong way on Tuesday.
Find something to do that interests you.

Darrel

S'pposed to freeze tonight so covered the tomatoes.
1992 LT40HD

thecfarm

Been a warm last few days, And today looks the same. No frost in sight. Yet on the frost word. Could happen any night now.

Ianab

Been keeping a rolling average of  fine days here. Currently we are at 9 days in the last month where it Didn't Rain.

To be fair, things are warming up, We called a "rain off" the other day when we hit 6C and raining. That's just miserable to work in. Next day we didn't go out, but I did a run to the shops at 11am. Car temp read 4C.  Now drop a couple of degrees and you can get honest snow. But 4-6C is just wet sleet range...

But it's now Spring....
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

Have had the air conditioning on this week, last couple days.  ::)

On the tomato front, I have been eating them as fast as I can. They have been nice and sweet this year. Scotia is the variety I get. The cucumbers have been plentiful, but the heat and dry has made them on the bitter side. I think the weather has aged them this year. They are English cukes, and never had them ever be bitter until this year. ::)

SwampDonkey

Was northern lights last night seen in northern New Brunswick. There was one of them solar storms off the sun apparently.  ;)

thecfarm

Another day in the 80's.  :) Back to watering the hanging baskets every day,like in the summer. I watered the tomatoes yesterday. I should water them again in a few days,since they are still bearing fruit. Still on the dry side,I turned the sprinkle on yesterday and this morning. Morning glories are still growing too.

thecfarm

62° this morning. Yesterday was another warm-hot day. I worked yesterday,but what I did outside made me think it was hot.

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

SwampDonkey

Thank You Sponsors!