iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

The few days of lower humidity in middle Georgia has been nice.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

chevytaHOE5674

62° yesterday and sunny was a nice fall day for working outside :D. 48° last night warming all the way to 52° today with lots of rain made for a very unpleasant fall day >:(. Calling for the possibility of over 3" by the time its all done tomorrow.

Just about time to give up on summer 2017 arriving and hope that 2018 is better.

SwampDonkey

Been in the 80's here, but just started the humid stuff yesterday. In the evening we had a thunderstorm knock power out for 1-1/2 hrs. Low 60's here at 5:00 am.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

chevy, if you can figure out how to ship that rain we can sure use it
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

They have begun closing the woods here to thinning and harvest operations, got to be out by noon each day.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

We had about 3-4 hours of rain last night. The wind blew hard all day. A little on the cool side. Went to a get together and most had long sleeves on just sitting around. Been a cool summer here. Had a couple days here and there warm and a few nights. Did not put the air conditioner in yet and doubt I will have to. If the warm temps don't get here quick,we won't have any hot weather this year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

grouch

Pleasant and sunny yesterday -- felt like fall -- then a gentle rain all night. No wind. Light rain again this morning and mid-60s F. What a relief!
Find something to do that interests you.

Woodcutter_Mo

We've had some fair rain over the last week with lows in the 50's-60's and highs in the upper 70's to mid 80's. It feels like fall is setting in and this trend will continue for the next week the way the weatherman talks. I'm hoping to start seeing some wild mushrooms coming up with this mild damp weather.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

SwampDonkey

No quite 70 here today and a NW wind. Love it. :)

Be attending the bean hole dinner in Patten Lumberman museum this Saturday.  ;)

thecfarm

It's a raining here now. Maybe all night? We can use it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

A few sprinkles to wet the greenery this morning, ground still dry. Sun is shining now.

Woods operations restrictions still in effect.

thecfarm

55° and I don't want to say the fall word,but it sure does feel like fall out there this morning.
That was a nice rain we had. Not 4 inches in an hour.

chevytaHOE5674

Appears that our 3 days of 80 degrees a week and half ago was our "summer". Rain and more rain, and temps only in the 60's and low 70's looking forward. Nights in the mid/high 40's and low 50's makes it really feel like fall, also makes for heavy dew that doesn't dry off until 2pm and then it returns by 6pm. Still trying to get hay done but mother nature has other ideas. 

SwampDonkey

Mid 70's to about 80 by mid afternoon here. Had a 49 one morning but back up in high 50's overnight here. Heavy morning dew. But woods still closed by noon. No significant rainfall. Burning restricted to 8:00 pm to 8:00 am, since last week. Scratch that, no burning allowed at all since today.

grouch

Hot and humid by mid-morning but cool (mid 60s F) at night.

thecfarm

A nice night for working outside. The wind is blowing.

SwampDonkey

Was overcast and low 70's and no wind. Good day for them bean hole beans.  ;D

grouch

Cooled off to 74F and 93% relative humidity now. Had alternating periods of muggy and showers today.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Muddy, foggy, humid, temps in the 90's, bad electrical storms and rain.
Welcome to S.C.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

It is Baaaaa...dd hot here.  Hot enough to roast a goat. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

curdog

Mid 70s  right now with humidity in mid teens.....

Here in central Oregon.. ;D

SwampDonkey

Was 81 yesterday, but not humid. 43% RH. Still have to be out of the woods by noon.

grouch

How can y'all live all dried out like that? You probably can't even *see* air at "43% RH" or "mid teens".

72F and 93% RH., just before dawn. You breathe shallow to avoid drowning.

chevytaHOE5674

60's the last few days with some more rain. Balmy 48° outside this morning really feels like fall. According to the radio we've officially had 5 days in the 80's this "summer" and no 90's, also officially had two nights in the 30's so far and it isn't over yet. Depending how "summer" finishes it could be our coolest on record, also one of the wettest. 

grouch

That's an awfully long summer, chevytaHOE5674.

I mistyped above -- that 93% should be 95% RH. We had showers about the middle of the day and now it's 80F 88% RH.

Thank You Sponsors!