iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

Got stuck taking a log to the mill with the tractor so rutted up the yard taking the mill to the log in my driveway..  3 inches in 2 days and more coming wed.  Dosn't want to dry up this spring.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

SwampDonkey

It was so dry all last summer and fall that what rain we get is quite welcomed. We haven't had 2 inches all spring. Rain here is for a couple hours, then it either does nothing or becomes a mist that barely wets the ground.  :-\

Bright and sunny here today, 31F this morning.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Been a cold week. The wind has been active. but the wind helps to dry things up. Ponds are looking black,the ice is well on it's way of being gone. Raining here now. The other night there was something on my steps.  :o  Not snow,really,but it was not rain either.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Been a good week for busting up hardwood rounds for firewood. Found a better splitting maul than I had that is more blunt and a little heavier. A lot less effort. We do have a wood splitter as well and used that on a pile of pine rounds. Another day to gather it all up and stack. Nice weather for firewood cut'n, not hot, no flies. Gotta work to keep warm, my kind of days.  8)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

TreesLogan

WOOT WOOT after days and days of rain we have finally got some sun  8). Forecast for the next few days is looking good too. but mid of next week brings on the rain again. We are going to get some flooding when the run off hits the local river.
When you wake up and realize you sarificed your passion for a dollar that never came. At least I am awake now. http://www.treeserviceloganut.com

thecfarm

Well,I guess you would call it rain.   ::)  Been wet here the past 2-3 days. Rain just enough to keep things wet and the eaves dripping. I saw something white on a car windshield yesterday morning.
Getting a slow start this morning,but the sun is out bright. Looks good. 42°
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

curdog

Raining here this morning.. supposed to get a inch today a little over an inch tonight.  If you listen closely,  you can hear the grass growing. But at least it's keeping the pollen and the fires down...

sandsawmill14

we got anywhere from 3 to 6 feet :o ok maybe it was inches  ;D of rain depending on where you were but regardless if your not a duck turtle or fish its been to much i cant  hardly walk to the shop its so muddy ::)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Mooseherder

It rained long and hard here and we needed it badly.
The ground sucked it right up.

SwampDonkey

We had a couple days this week of snow mixed in rain over night, enough to have 2" on the ground and melt away by the end of each day. Yesterday afternoon it cleared with sun and was 55F.

thecfarm

36° and the sun is bright.

sandhills

Suppose to get to 78f here today, rain tomorrow, then snow on Wednesday, go figure  ::).

Deese

69° here in Alabama today. It's been close to 90° here the past few days. Very Nice Here Today!
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

curdog

Mid 50s today and we've probably got 3-4 inches since this rain started. A few places in the state are over 6 inches.....but we'll be back to the mid to upper 80s by the end of the week..

thecfarm

Off and on rain at 44°.
The bear is back. The suet feeder is not in the best of shape now. I will be bringing the feeders in for a couple weeks.

chevytaHOE5674

Haven't post in here in a while. Been typical UP weather I guess 70° two weeks ago, 26° today. Almost 3 inches of rain the end of last week, then a few tenths on and off thru yesterday when we got 2.5" more liquid. Now today there is 5 inches of white stuff on top of bottomless mud and frozen standing water and its still coming down. Mud and water are so deep in spots its over the top of my knee high boots.

Typically start getting field work done in early may and have animals on pasture by the middle of may. This year everything looks to be pushed back a few weeks.

SwampDonkey

70's here today, which was unexpected, but we did begin at 56F this morning. Been humid Caribbean air. My ball cap got a little damp, so it's muggy.  ;D

thecfarm

Another wet day,drizzle off and on.
Peepers have been out a couple nights now.

Deese

High of 89° here in AL today, and 90° tomorrow. It's starting  :-\ :(
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

sandhills

It's snowing good here  ::)

SwampDonkey

I see it was snowing in North Dakota also. Showers here, but not much, mid 50's today.

thecfarm

The sun came out today!!! A very fine day.

reedco

snowed all day, most melted 2-3 inches on the ground really wet!
Not many trees

chevytaHOE5674

The guessers were calling for mostly sunny today, so I was hopeful our 6" of snow would all melt. Turns out it snowed/sleeted most of the morning then was cloudy until half an hour before sunset when the sun finally appeared. Maybe tomorrow the guessers will be right and the sun will come out and melt away the snow. 

curdog

Mid 80s today and it's still in the low to mid 70s at 1030 tonight.....may bump 90 tomorrow.. gotta get the grass mowed early..

Thank You Sponsors!