iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ox

Whew, what a difference a day makes!  High 40s and sunny yesterday, nice day, now it's in the teens with the wind just a whipping!  My windows are whistling.  Darn wind woke me up at 5AM.  I'd only been in bed for 3 hours.  >:(
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

SwampDonkey

Wind picked up here by noon and a few flurries, no big snow storm though, nothing accumulating.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Sun shining here now, and actually some before noon. The snow didn't amount to beans. All bare, relatively speaking. The fields and woods still have lots of old snow. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

The wind,the wind,the wind. And I do mean wind. 20°,wind chill factor -20.  :D  Not that bad,tv said 2° with the wind chill. I still think they are off by about 18°.  ;D  Was outside,by the river,on a forklift.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Buckshot00

Calling for 70 and sunny tomorrow.  We will see.

SwampDonkey

Not here, January finally arrived 2 months late. Cold, dry, brisk wind out there. We have had a long spell with no storms, not even rain while it could be storming 40 miles away.  Snow squalls don't count for beans.  8)

thecfarm

Yes,January has arrived here too. It might have left us.
I have 22° and not much wind. The last 2 days the wind has been busy!! Looks like snow,rain,snow,rain for a couple days. Maybe 2 inches. Going to be kinda a mess,but a slow mess for the next few days.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

yep,they got that right,rain and snow. 26° with about an inch of snow this morning. I work about 15 minutes from here. Really no snow to speak of until I got about half way home. Than the ground was white.

SwampDonkey

Nothing here, clear blue sky this morning and 28F at day break. Going to be a sap day and then some. :)

Ox

It's so foggy this morning I can't see the hedgerow to the field across the road.  I can only see about halfway across.  It's a narrow field.  :o
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

curdog

Almost 70 right now.  Had a long sleeve t-shirt on,had to come back in for a little less sleeves... may be in a tank top by the end of the day...

thecfarm

30° and a little bit of ice.

SwampDonkey

Listed the house for sale today and as a consequence we get a light snow. :D

curdog

After some rain last night I thought all would be quiet today for fires. As I was heading home my phone rings..... normally people call 911, but a guy I know managed to set the woods on fire. Nothing too big since he had his dozer on site. Maybe we'll get a little more rain tonight... but I am going to give him a hard time for a while  8)

Ox

It's amazing how many fires you seem to get down there.  We hardly ever have any, if there is it's just a little brush fire that got out of control from a bonfire or something.

curdog

Quote from: Ox on March 28, 2017, 10:24:15 AM
It's amazing how many fires you seem to get down there.  We hardly ever have any, if there is it's just a little brush fire that got out of control from a bonfire or something.
Most of ours are fairly small, and many counties have more than I do, but the last fire report I entered was 70 something since July 1st of last year. There's quite a few counties well over 100 and I think I saw some sitting around 200 or so reports in the system. We may go a few weeks or months without any and then have 4 or 5 in a afternoon.

SwampDonkey

Fires up this way are softwood or mixed with softwood. I've never seen a pure maple stand on fire in my life. And for the most part, the fires are man caused around here. DNR now require a burn plan for even a grass fire because a lot of people walk off the site and the fire is on it's one course. Same attitude with tossing their trash out car windows, no respect.

thecfarm

34° and still snowing. Woke up to a couple inches of snow. Snowed all day and got about 2 more inches. Kinda of a wet snow. Last year at this time I was boiling sap and using the garden hose to wet the ground. I have a foot of snow on the ground before this 4 inches.
Back in 1987 we had a major flood.

SwampDonkey

Nothing here for snow or rain, just clouds. Same deal for today by the looks of it. 30F first thing this morning.

thecfarm

It's clearing here fast. Just a little while ago clouds,now blue sky and sun. Snowed all day and had 4 inches of snow. Where there was hot top,roads and parking lots the snow melted as it hit it. Was snow on the roads first thing in the morning. The parking lot at work was black. Was no salt on that to melt the snow.

Deese

Couldn't ask for a more beautiful day here in AL today! Lower 70's at the moment going into the 80's. Clear blue sky with a slight breeze. Good for the soul!
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Deese

Birds singing, bees buzzing, the cows are laying down in the sunshine.
Cooks AE4P Edger

Deese

Old saying is the fish are biting when the cows are kicked back
Cooks AE4P Edger

Texas Ranger

Y'all tighten up, the front just came through here with wind, rain, hail and tornado allerts.  Heading in to Louisiana and points east.  Hunker down, folks, a bad one.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

curdog

70 ,sunny and not a cloud in the sky. The rain should reach us tomorrow with an inch or two expected. The poplars have small leaves and the pollen is thick.

Thank You Sponsors!