iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilltop366

Its rain here now, could get up to 1.5 inches of rain.
Just got home from daughters hockey practice, the roads are ice covered with a couple of inches of slush on top.

Ox

I guess the ocean's warmer waters have alot to do with what's coming down with this storm.  The interior places are pure snow but not along the coast so much from what I understand.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Jim_Rogers

Been snowing and blowing here all day. I haven't measured the depth yet.
Power blinked off and on several times just after 4:15 pm but on now. Also, blinked at 2:15 pm.
My friend two towns north says she's been out of power since 1 pm. Must be local to her.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

curdog

Had a quarter of a inch or so of rain last night and today the wind is howling. Tomorrow looks to be the same minus the rain. We'll probably have a few fires breaking out by tomorrow afternoon or Thursday. Everyone in the county has been burning since the "snow" hit this weekend.

Woodcutter_Mo

Yesterday and today it was in the upper 30's and low 40's and snowing. We got about 1-1/2" of snow yesterday but the ground is still warm enough that it if melted and didn't accumulate after that.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

coxy

well got 40in so far and still snowing and blowing  ill have to go get mr  caterpillar in the am to finish plowing my drive way mr ford will only push so much had to shovel some roofs off also hope everyone stays safe

thecfarm

WOW!! Mighty WOW. I've had my OWB for 7 years. I've never wished I had an indoor one until tonight. It is unbelivable out there. Someone could die in a storm like that. I could feel it sting my face. The wind is blowing in every direction it can. Two feet of snow in front of the garage door,20 feet away 4 inches.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

newoodguy78

I hear you there cfarm. Just came home to put wood in the stove and wished I never got out of the truck. Probably have 16-18 inches of snow and the wind is whipping like you read about. Heading back out to keep plowing. Best of luck to anyone out dealing with this stuff. Be safe

Chuck White

We've been running from 12° - 16° all day and now we have 8-10" of snow on the ground.

Glad I went out "around 3:00" and moved the snow out of the driveway!

Took about 25 minutes, tomorrow morning it'll take about 1 hour to remove all the snow.

I'll go to the sugar house in the morning to help bottle up some decorator bottles of syrup for the Maple Weekend!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ox

I'm not sure how much snow but it's at least (well over) 3 foot.  Drifts up to my fat belly/chest and I'm 6'2" tall.  This is as bad as the blizzard of '93 at least here.  Still snowing.  I wouldn't be surprised a bit if we were at 4 foot of snow when it's all over.  Still a travel ban in our county until 8PM today.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

thecfarm

Sun is out bright,and the wind is not blowing. What a difference.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

petefrom bearswamp

2 feet on the ground this morning and still snowing temp 12 degrees.
Decided to get ahead of it and blew out  my 700 foot long driveway and large parking area by the house.
Took 1 3/4 hrs.
Filled my bird feeder 3 times since yesterday and there is still a bunch of birds there.
Mourning doves, Blue Jays, chickadees, Juncos, hairy and downey woodpeckers, pair of cardinals.
Yesterday a red winged blackbird and a bunch of grackles.
Poor critters need help.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

CJennings

I'd guess 18 to 20 inches fell here but with the wind blowing it all over it's hard to accurately measure that. It sure put the brakes on clearing a new orchard and cutting firewood, everything's buried under snow now.

21incher

So far we have over 2 feet with up to another foot predicted by tomorrow morning. My driveway has close to 4 feet from drifting with 6-7 foot drifts going down to my barn. Having a unfrozen lake Ontario from the warm Feb is really causing the lake effect to pile up. Never seen a snowfall my little Deere compact with a plow and chains couldn't move before .  :o
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Bruno of NH

Just got home from my plow route we got 20 to 25 inches of snow.
In my 34 years of snow plowing last night was the worst for blowing snow and visibility  :o
I had to leave one housing development on the mountain and go back at 3 this morning so i could see what i was plowing some roads had 5 ft drifts. The old truck worked hard today :)
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

coxy

they are saying more tonight and another good one Friday in to sat  :o >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :)

thecfarm

I think a foot,not much more. Yes,it blew around,but still looks like a foot going down the driveway. It was a heavy snow. Not to often when I move snow,I see dirt in the snow.
Waht a bueatiful day it was. Sun out bright,32° and not much wind. No one would have no idea we was in a blizzard last night.

Chuck White

When I plowed the driveway yesterday, there was about 3" that I moved and this morning, there was another 18" that I moved so, 21" so far and it's still snowing, just letting up a bit!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

We had 5 inches over night, then it warmed into the 30's. Like I told everyone before it happened, the punch will be gone from that storm before it lands here.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Lucky we took the punch.  ;D  Snow is not all that bad,but that wind was the problem.
20° and there is a small wind.

SwampDonkey

We've had sun and snow squalls flip flop all day. No accumulation to amount to much. Was a high of 28. Been a little breezy to.  :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

10°,sun is out,high noon low 30's.

thecfarm

30° this morning,just about 6:30 pm and 40°. Not much sun today.

Woodhauler

Raining here now.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

SwampDonkey

Last 3 days have been sun and 48 F.  Sap sap sap.   8)

Thank You Sponsors!