iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Low 90's. The solar heater is still working here. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

curdog

Sixties and low seventies as far as the forecast can see, with lows in the 40s.  This is getting to be my kind of weather  8)

Magicman

Thankfully my saw job for Tuesday/Wednesday is in the woods.  Plenty of shade.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chevytaHOE5674

44° for a high today and its already 29° and dropping quick....

WDH

You will be froze in soon. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Gary_C

One guy here that does long range predictions said that last winter was what they call a 30 year winter and the chances of having another like that back to back are very low. Plus there is no sign of the blocking low pressure center up over Hudson's Bay that sent all that Artic air down here last winter.

The Climate Prediction Center has issued their forecasts and based on the probability of a mild El Nino they are issuing their prediction for a mild winter for the upper midwest and a stormy and relatively cold winter for the southern tier of states.

Sounds good to me, at least the part about the upper midwest anyway.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

thecfarm

Might get below freezing tonight.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

This afternoon we had a little S N O W blowing around.

Not enough to change the landscape, just enough to see in the air!

Won't be long now!

My last sawjob will be started on Tuesday and may go as much as Wednesday noon, then the mill will be parked in the garage!   :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Chuck White on October 19, 2014, 08:14:45 PM
This afternoon we had a little S N O W blowing around.

I didn't want to hear that Chuck.......I hate cold weather!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SwampDonkey

Partly sunny here today but in the 40's. No wet shirts today. Gloves were wet from last week and finger tips was a little cold until the first tank was cut, never cold again the rest of the day. Lots of steam. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

goose63

Today is like yesterday jacket in the morning t shirt in the after noon gona be that way all week I like it
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Autocar

Day started out pretty cool and cloudy by noon it was raining again by now I should be logging every day but around here there's still a lot of crops in the fields.
Bill

thecfarm

A little windy out all day. 42° now
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

52° this morning.  Beautiful Fall weather, but dry.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sawyer697

41 this morning, and has gone up to 54 now, rained all night, and rain today! Very Cloudy in northern Ohio. Lake Effect. Winter is on the way.  :-\
1997 LTHD40G24 WM Mill. 640 Bobcat. 555 ford Backhoe, Husky 365XP
40 Acres Foresty
Custom Sawing in Geauga and Lake County
Build my own solar kiln
Build Furniture, Out Buildings
Bee Keeper, Love My Lord

SwampDonkey

Going to be cold rain here for the rest of the week. Dug out the wool.  8)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

The heavy rain has started.

chevytaHOE5674

Clear as a bell here for once, but the temp is 28° and dropping.

SwampDonkey

No rain yet this morning, not suppose to get heavy rain up here. Flood warnings for south Maine.

mesquite buckeye

Low 90's and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Never rained all day, sun was out, 50F or so.  :)

thecfarm

Off and on rain all day here. Sometimes hard,sometimes light,sometimes none. And the wind is blowing.

Jim_Rogers

My daughter called me from home (3:42 pm) to say the power was out. My wife drives a school bus and usually does the late run for the after school program and sometimes doesn't get home until 6 pm or so.

When I got to my street it was blocked off by the cops. And I could see a large tree down between the corner and my house. I had to drive around and come in from the other end of my street, to get to my house.

The school bus was there, but my wife and daughter were not. And the house has no power. I called them on their cell phone. She had got to KFC to get chicken dinner as she couldn't cook without the power being on. We don't have a gas stove.

Had a nice super with the family for a change, by flashlight.

After supper, I went down the street to the cops and asked how long was it going to be for the power company to fix the problem.
The tree had not been cut up yet. And there were wires down all around it.

He said at least 5 hours, and it was 5 pm.

I went home and started the generator.
And got out all the extension cords to get the satellite TV working for them to watch. Note to self add TV outlets to generator panel, soon.

After a nice hot shower, I was going to go down and ask the cops again how long it was going to be but he had moved his car up to right in front of my house at the corner of the dead end street next to my house. He told me that the transformer had blown out and they were waiting for a replacement to be delivered to the site. He said it maybe midnight before it's all hooked up at the earliest.

I left them to come back here to be with my 95 year old mother during this rain and wind storm we're having.

When the power comes back on, my wife will call me and I'll go home and shut the generator off, and switch the house back to "line power".....

It's going to be a long night for sure.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

SwampDonkey

Quite an ordeal and inconvenient for sure.

Hasn't rained here yet, the ground is wet from a shower before dark. Breezy.

Bricklayer51

The hardest frost we have had. I see a cottontail supper coming soon.

Thank You Sponsors!