iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Was in the 20's most of the day here to, cold wind all day. The driveway is all bare and dry again. Gotta load up the buggy with more loot to move tomorrow.  :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

Crazy weather.We got about 1 inch of snow temperture dropped about 35 degrees in one day .

I scrapped ice off my window this morning at o'dark thirty .Must have hit low 60's by 3 pm .Global warming evidently . ::)

trapper

Heard on the radio today pollution from china is causing our extreme weather.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

SwampDonkey

Gotta blame it on someone.  ;D Actually, where I live here I have seen so many ups and downs in spring temperatures over the years that it's just the same old humdrum. For years I have walked on the snow early in the mornings of April because it froze solid over night and by noon gone soft and your sinking to ground level. Nothing really to report. ;D Heck a bit more than 30 years ago, the year Reagan was elected, we had no snow all winter. Same year they declared the  'lining of the planets'. It's gotta be his fault I'm sure of it. ;)

Down in the teens this morning. Nippy.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

About 12" of white stuff overnight and still coming down at a good clip. Looking at the radar we will probable pick up another 2-4". Getting a little old already.

SwampDonkey

I think this is two days in a row with no sap.  ;D

mesquite buckeye

91 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

They are predicting a wet summer for us. I will believe it when the water is on the ground. :-\
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

chevytaHOE5674

Ended up with about 17.5" of heavy wet snow. Perfect for building a snowman or for a snowball fight. Not so perfect for shoveling, plowing, etc.

Hopefully this is the last one.

Al_Smith

You folks up near the Canadian border or in Canada I imagine this stuff is typical .South of the great lakes it's unusual .

In other news it did get near 70 today here in the corn field .

dgdrls

Quote from: Crow99 on April 16, 2014, 12:19:49 PM

Ice jam behind my shop this morning.

Crow 99,  what river are you on??

DGDrls

Crow99

I'm on the Aroostook River in northern Maine.

Crow99

Leftover ice on shore the next day. The power of that stuff is amazing...

Crow99

And then of course, there's always someone...  Dude!!! You can't drive in that stuff. You just CAN'T.

Ianab

Local weather hasn't been to flash either.

Pic from the local new, lady's car was washed off a flooded road. Luckily local farmer and police office where able to rescue her from the car roof using an excavator.

More tree related. Check out this dash cam from the day before.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/lightbox/national/9956738/Toppling-tree
That's a change of shorts needed there....  :o

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Jim_Rogers

Have you got a link to the excavator story?
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Billbob

Major flooding just southwest of here.  Here is a video of what happened to the Cherryvale covered bridge 3 days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gfD_F9-hfA
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

Mooseherder

That's some historical footage for sure.   Amazing it floated that far.  What's the latest on it?  If they choose to replace or salvage it'll be a lot of work for somebody.

SwampDonkey

I doubt it will ever be replaced with a covered bridge. We are loosing them to floods and arson fires.

thecfarm

That is sad to see.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Looks like da Easter Bunny is gonna bring some mighty fine weather to the South.   smiley_daisy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Billbob

Quote from: Mooseherder on April 18, 2014, 10:44:33 PM
That's some historical footage for sure.   Amazing it floated that far.  What's the latest on it?  If they choose to replace or salvage it'll be a lot of work for somebody.

No, they won't replace it.  In the 1960's there were 300 covered bridges in the Province.  Now there are 61.    As Swampdonkey said alot are lost to flood but many are lost to arson.

The flooding situation could get worse by the end of the week.  Several days of rain coming, the St.John river has an ice jam and there is a 35km ice flow further up river.
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

thecfarm

I saw hardly any ice in the rivers this spring. I mean ice jams. Seem like the ice was all gone by the time the melting came. Did not see big chunks of ice that got left behind from the high water.
The brook has really dropped alot here. The 2 nights at below freezing temps slowed the melting down.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

79 and scattered wimpy storms. Got a big 1" rain last night. 1 inch between the drops. We get a lot of those out here this time of the year. :-\
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

Was a nice Easter Day. I had 29° for a low. This is the first year with no grandkids. One is in college now,and the other 3 was with the other parents.  Sad for us. No Easter egg hunt at The C Farm this year. Sap did not run much. Maybe a gallon.

Magicman

This was also our first time in many years to not have an Easter Egg hunt for the little ones and a 4 Leaf Clover hunt for the others.  Several came, visited, ate, and visited.  It was a very good quiet day with wonderful Spring weather.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!