iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

Skies cleared this afternoon and the temp rose into the 40's, but tonight they are saying we could get into the mid 20's with a hard freeze possible...

thecfarm

We had a nice rain in the morning,tried to clear off in the afternoon. Sun is out now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

346xp

snow showers this morning!!  :(warming up this weekend so they say 8) 8)

SwampDonkey

NW Wind ~~~~~~ howling like the dickens today, sunny, then clouded over. Clearing tonight.  No snow or frost for a few months, hopefully.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

That wind picked up here too around 10am. It was not all that bad,but that wind put it on the cool side.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

25° here this morning. Wasn't frost it was a freeze. Had ice around the edges of water puddles and the ground was a little bit firm until the sun got up. Hopefully that was the last for a while, but wouldn't be surprised to see another frost or freeze.

chet

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on May 20, 2015, 06:59:30 PM
25° here this morning. Wasn't frost it was a freeze. Had ice around the edges of water puddles and the ground was a little bit firm until the sun got up. Hopefully that was the last for a while, but wouldn't be surprised to see another frost or freeze.

We were down to 19° this morning, we're not as close ta dat big warm pond as you are.  ;D  Not often a guy can refer to Lake Superior as warm.  :D :D :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

curdog

Should be nice the next few days. Highs in the upper 70's and low 80s,  lows in the 50s. But next week summer is going to kick in with low to mid 90s and lows around 70. It is going to be humid, and I can't wait for winter again.

coxy

a cold 40 this am

thecfarm

We had 42 for a low. I heard about a frost warning,but not here. A cloudy day here now.

mesquite buckeye

87 and cloudy.

No shades today. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

3% chance of sprinkles tomorrow. :) I will believe it when it is on the ground. :-\
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

sandhills

Been cool and wet, today is warmer with sunshine but suppose to rain again tomorrow, making it hard to get field work done but you can't raise anything without rain.  Last night we even had frost again, didn't kill my 'mater plants but they didn't look near as healthy today as yesterday, where is this global warming thing again?

SwampDonkey

Upper sixties here and wind howling.  ::)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Texas Ranger

With all this rain we get this.

Anglina County & Cities Health District wanted to remind everyone that mosquito season is about to hit full swing. With all of the rain that we have received this year there is sure to be a surge in the mosquito population. Here are some quick reminders about the vector borne illnesses that accompany mosquito bites. Please follow the CDC links that are provided below, within them there is access to free posters and educational material that can be of use to the public.

Prevention
•No vaccine exists to prevent Chikungunya or West Nile virus infection or disease.
•Prevent Chikungunya and West Nile virus infection by avoiding mosquito bites.   :-\

Protecting Yourself from Mosquito Bites
•Use air conditioning or window/door screens to keep mosquitoes outside. If you are not able to protect yourself from mosquitoes inside your home, sleep under a mosquito bed net.
•Help reduce the number of mosquitoes outside your home by emptying standing water from containers such as flowerpots or buckets.
•When weather permits, wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants.
•Use insect repellents ◦Repellents containing DEET, picaridin, IR3535, and oil of lemon eucalyptus and para-menthane-diol products provide long lasting protection.
◦If you use both sunscreen and insect repellent, apply the sunscreen first and then the repellent.
◦Do not spray repellent on the skin under your clothing.
◦Treat clothing with permethrin or purchase permethrin-treated clothing.
◦Always follow the label instructions when using insect repellent or sunscreen.

West Nile Links
http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/idcu/disease/arboviral/westNile/
http://www.cdc.gov/westnile/resources/pdfs/healtheducation/westnilevirusisariskyoucandosomethingabout_508.pdf
You can order these flyers from the CDC at no cost if you follow the link below.
http://wwwn.cdc.gov/pubs/CDCInfoOnDemand.aspx?ProgramID=38

Chikungunya Links
http://www.cdc.gov/chikungunya/pdfs/Factsheet_Chikungunya-what-you-need-to-know.pdf
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

We have mosquitoes up here on the glaciers, but I've never been infected with anything, other than a mosquito mandible. Must be we have ice mosquitoes, melt away when they bite. ;) I don't even know if there are any dangers from them this far north. Never hear mention of it.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey

Nice day for the most part until around 4:00 pm when the rains came.  :) Breaking away right now though. Suppose to be on the cool side by morning, predicted high of 50 tomorrow. That'll stall them mosquitoes' propellers. :o  8)

goose63

By gosh the sun came out today got a sun burn on my arm's
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

Cool here now,maybe mid 30's tonight. That wind was busy again today.

sawguy21

Rain??? What the heck is that? We moved to the B.C. interior three weeks ago, we have seen one shower. The farmers are planting but the fields are bone dry and fires are ramping up. Over 30C the last few days and it's still May. :o
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Yeah, but your in the BC desert. I bet it's nice to be dry for a change.  :D

Chuck White

28°F here this morning.

Some gardeners will need to start their gardens over again.   :'(  :-\  >:(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

36F here with a dusting of snow on the high hills.  ;D :D

r.man

-7 C here last  night, below -5 for over 6 hrs. That's below 23 F with a low of 19 F for the southerners and the Canadian oldtimers. My wife had all her flowers covered but they might not survive anyway. The local store has a small heated greenhouse but they moved the majority of their stock into the main store for the night. Probably the right thing to do, greenery is expensive.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!