iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dean herring

Snowing flakes as big as nickles, got about 1/2" so far .33 degrees.
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Andries

Quote from: Magicman on February 25, 2015, 01:16:37 PM
36° and much rain.
-36 and no rain since November.

The roads are good - when we can see them . . .

LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

wwsjr

3 1/2" of snow now, 31°. Temp should stay at 28°- 30° tonight. Predicting up to 8" ending by 9:00PM. Started snowing about 2 hours ago, huge flakes. Looks like I am back in Colorado.

Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Raider Bill

78 partly cloudy, slight breeze.

Pollen count is climbing.

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Buckshot00

43 and overcast here today.  Calling for more rain tonight.

dean herring

Snow has quit,about 2 1/2 " on ground.34 now low tonight 25. Could not get out myself but our grandson got to build a snowman with his daddy and eat some snow ice cream. I am a very blessed man.
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

Magicman

Stay safe Willie.  We are clear of any snow/ice possibility.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

curdog

Just started snowing here. Got a dusting or better already.  It was kinda strange I saw some daffodils blooming around an old house site this afternoon.  I guess they'll be covered by morning. Supposed to get 6 or 7 inches tonight.

thecfarm

FarmingSawyer,that is a nice picture. The wind kept the temp down,again.
Heat wave,it's 18° at 9:30pm!!!! No wind either.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Just for you @Raider Bill 

here is some cold stuff
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

goose63,we had that a few days ago. Or was that last week. Or maybe the week before that. It's all kinda blending into one day.  :)
I have 1° and no wind. Looks be a cloudy day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Actual temp is -30° here with some wind.... :(

drobertson

them look to be some cold days up yonder, what gets me is this roller coaster we are having, 42 and sunny yesterday, with some decent melting, then around 5 this morning, the winds and cold front moved in now wind chills are single digit. hard to acclimate
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Raider Bill

Note to self.... Pick up sun screen lotion. :D :D :D :D :D

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

mesquite buckeye

Uh, like 74 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

pep

Yesterday am -36 and sunny, this morning -31C, just waiting for the sunrise. The days r getting longer and the sun is getting warmer.  March is my favorite time of year.😃. 

Cheers
Pep
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

chevytaHOE5674

"warm" this morning with a temp of -20°. But according to the forecast this should be the last well below zero night for a while.

thecfarm

I have 3 above. Maybe 18 for a high today.

Chuck White

We had -18° here this morning at 6:00.

According to the weather guessers, we should be looking forward to a warming trend over the next week or so!

That's good if it holds true, then we can start tapping the Maples!  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mesquite buckeye

76 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

FarmingSawyer

Quote from: thecfarm on February 25, 2015, 09:31:17 PM
FarmingSawyer,that is a nice picture. The wind kept the temp down,again.
Heat wave,it's 18° at 9:30pm!!!! No wind either.

Thanks! IT was snowing so hard, I didn't think it would come out. Been warmish--25˚ here today--and crystal clear since the snow stopped. I hear were supposed to get up above freezing sometime in the next week. WOO HOO!! I've got some milling to do!
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

thecfarm

The sky is clear and I have 18°. There is even some melting going on down by the wood yard. I have not seen that for a while. Cutting some firewood. Stumps are high,but I'll cut them down next July when all this snow is gone.  ;D
Yes,we have some warmer days coming,but single numbers in the morning too.

drobertson

Looks like another snow belt across the mid west heading east again, been snowing since 6 this morn, looking for somewhere around 5" on top of the 8 that really never melted, funny thing is as like the last one, they called for 1-3 got 8 that night, called for 1-2 yesterday getting 5+ not like you guys up north and east, and glad of that,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!