iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curdog

Freeze warning for the next few nights. We're supposed to get a little rain,  but just a little west is calling for snow. Tomorrow will be in the 40s and windy, so no squirrel hunting.

thecfarm

The morning glorys plant on the Woman Cave look kinda black. This is the first hard freeze for me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

8" of snow forecast for this part of the country. Hardwoods here are already bare, can see several yards through the big maple trees. Like a park. ;D

Saw a lynx today, in fact I think this is the 3rd time I saw him this summer-Fall, same area anyway. Can't be too many, but I know there are lots of rabbits. Sitting on any stump in the woods to eat lunch and you can see bunny marbles everywhere. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Snow is still on the ground here and noticed on the way home from work that one of the small shallow inland lakes had a skim crust of ice and snow on it yet this evening.

Magicman

37° here this morning with no rain in sight.  I will be directing the dozer at the Tree Farm again today.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chevytaHOE5674

A brisk 17° this morning. Farther inland it was down to 8° just before sunrise....

tule peak timber

Thankful this morning for our first measurable rain this year......
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

curdog

Upper 30s and raining with a pretty good wind.  Looking at the radar the western part of the county may have got a little snow. My parents live west of me they got 4 inches or so, and some higher elevations got even more than that.

mesquite buckeye

85 and partly cloudy with a slight chance of sprinkles. Ho Hum. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Chuck White

Little bit of snow sifting around this morning at 7:00 and then went away, but was back mixed with rain around noon!

The white stuff is not far away! ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

red

NYC Marathon starts at 7 AM
42 Degrees 20-30 mph winds
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

thecfarm

So far no white stuff. Did not go below freezing here last night. We'll see what happens tonight.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

Cloudy, 70's and a chance of sprinkley rain. :o
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

hardtailjohn

About an inch and a half of snow this morning.
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Magicman

I would love to see it John.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

The ground is white and that wind is wicked COLD!!!!!!

sandhills

Quote from: Magicman on November 02, 2014, 02:06:36 PM
I would love to see it John.   :)
I think I'll let him look at it for a while yet, I'm not ready!  ;)

Magicman

I was just remembering John's beautiful valley with the hay meadows.   :)

SwampDonkey

We got 14" inches of the white stuff, real heavy wet stuff. Ground never froze, but dropping down to lower 20's tonight I think. Lost power for 30 hours, glad we had the generator hooked up this summer.  Power just got restored here. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Snow is all gone. We did lose power for about 3 hours this morning. Kinda odd,the snow and the strong wind was all done by than. We went out and saw no damage at all. I watched the news and they was showing trees on the power lines in other towns. High 40's tomorrow.

Brad_S.

I am staying in a hotel in Bangor and it is sold out tonight due to so many without power seeking a warm place to stay.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

thecfarm

That little snow is all gone. 50° with some wind and not much sun today.

SwampDonkey

Lots of snow left here, but did get near 50 I think. Was 25 at daylight. It was sunny all day here. But clouded up to storm tonight with snow/rain mix. Big rain storm coming Friday.

mesquite buckeye

Close to freezing this am at the ranch. pretty shocking when we were pushing 100 only a couple of weeks ago. :(

Back to the 80's by the weekend. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

thecfarm

Not much sun the last 2 days,but has been warm. Raining here now. Maybe some snow,but the Northern part of Maine, will get the most.

Thank You Sponsors!