iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curdog

Didn't even make it out of the 60's here today.  8)

Magicman

We have finally cooled off a bit, but of course when it cools off here, it does not stay that way.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

39° will do it for this morning.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

mesquite buckeye

Yesterday a lovely 95 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Cat 3 Hurricane Odile is predicted to head our way in a couple of days bringing half a years rain all at once. :-\
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

42 this morning, but not sunny. No rain neither, but it's coming tomorrow I think and going to be a cold one to, in the 40's.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Today was a pleasant surprise with sunshine and 50°. Started in the 30's this morning with overcast and drizzle so it wasn't looking promising.

Looks like fall is here to stay with the highest temps in the extended forecast only around 60 and lows in the 30's and 40's with frost.

Mooseherder

99 degrees this afternoon. ::)

Autocar

Hualed logs into Union City Indiana this morning with sun shine . As the morning went on clouds came in from the north. After dinner I went and picked up the skidder and ran into rain four different places then after I got back home we had a steady light rain . Breezy and cool here fall isn't to far away.
Bill

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

curdog

Upper 60's here this morning.  Going to get to the mid 80s today, then highs will be in the 70's for the rest of the week with lows in the 50s. It will definitely be good sleeping weather.

SwampDonkey

About 60F or so today and some sprinkles, not much to it.

However, on the way from the bush today I spotted a lynx darting into the woods off the road. There are certainly lots of rabbits. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

34° this morning and it got all the way up to 60° with overcast skies and short periods of drizzle.

Autocar

Cloudy most of the day here with rain last night. Sun came out about a hour before dark tonight there calling for 43 degrees in the morning
Bill

mesquite buckeye

The massive flood predictions from Odile are spot on so far. Drenching rains of 0.1 inches over much of the southwest. ;D

Seriously, it looks like the water is going east and south of us from what I see. Look out S NM and W TX. :o
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Sun and 60 here today. Saw 4 grouse, 2 moose, 1 coyote, 4 pheasants. The coyote was after one of the grouse until I came along to break up the party. :)

thecfarm

Saw 2 flocks of geese fly over the corn field. I saw the same buck at the edge of the field tonight at my place.

chevytaHOE5674

In the low 40's this morning and didn't climb above 50° all day. On and off drizzle and strong winds all day. Freeze warning tonight with lows dropping into the 20's.

pep

First frost here.  -2C with a high of 7C today.  Lots of geese flying south in the last week. It's been crappy weather for 3 months. Not much of a summer.  Winter is around the corner.
Cheers
Pep
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

SwampDonkey

Suppose to drop into the 20's tonight. That's unusual for September. A lot warmer last September.

thecfarm

I shut the water off to the garden and took off all of the shuts offs. Getting ready for the big freeze. Than it will warm back up for a few weeks.

Here it is at just about 8:30am and I can still see the frost on the edge of the field where the sun has not got to it. I only had 32,but that is enough.

SwampDonkey

It was 30 at the house this morning, but could have been colder out in the back country. I know the alders and the sticks on beaver ponds was all white, no chill on any mud puddles though.

Chuck White

We had our first frost here last night/this morning!

Only 28° F on the thermometers, both out front and on the back porch.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

A little on the cool side all day here. But the sun was out nice and bright. No frost tonight.

Just an update,Sept 20,5am,36°

Chuck White

The wind blew all day today, a little on the cool side around 50°, still nice to work all day in jeans and a t-shirt.

Sawed 1,390 bd ft of Red Pine today, mostly 2X with about a fourth being 1X, all in all, a good day!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!