iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

More cold and snow UP here. Heard on the radio this am they have recorded 73.5" of snowfall already just inland from the lake a few miles and 47.5" here along the lake....

thecfarm

Swampdonkey keeps talking about slush. None here,but I shoveled off the deck for the dog last night and it was iced over this morning.
But a truck driver made a deliver at work and said about 40 minutes from the store,kinda down South,the snow was not sticking on the ground. We had about 2 inches by than.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Wind, wind, and more wind.  Sure glad we don't have the snow you folks keep talking about (yet).

Chuck White

It quit snowing some time after midnight, then started up again maybe an hour ago, just light though!

We had 5½ inches of new snow on the picnic table this morning, bringing our total to 20½ inches since the first snow!

Windy here all day and temp running 8-10° all day!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Crusarius

here comes snowmobile season!!! :)

SwampDonkey

Yeah, it turned 40 here with the rain, all the guessers said we was suppose to get just snow. There went that theory out with the slush. It's suppose to return to cold weather here for the rest of the week, down in the teens or singles at night.  :snowball:
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

This is the coldest morning yet for this Winter season, at 6:00 we had -10°F and now it's -12°.

There won't be much going on outside today!   bon_fire
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Crusarius

It is really funny with how close we are how much difference there is in weather. I was 14 this morning.

SwampDonkey

13F here to and never budged yet, cold wind.  :snowball:

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Quote from: Crusarius on December 14, 2017, 08:16:24 AM
It is really funny with how close we are how much difference there is in weather. I was 14 this morning.

On the "hot side" of ZERO?   :o

SwampDonkey

9F with a cold wind, as the weatherman would state: "it's a two Stanfield day out there today folks."

thecfarm

chevytaHOE5674

Cold and 6-8" of new snow.

Chuck White

We had -8°F at 6:00 this morning, and now it's 26°, a few flurries a little while ago, nothing now!

SwampDonkey

26F here to, but bright sunshine. They said a flurry for tomorrow, but nothing to measure.  :snowball:

chevytaHOE5674

Been snowing all morning so there is probably another 3-5 inches of new snow since this am. It just keeps on piling up.

Crusarius

wonder if there will be any snowmobile riding in indian lake over my Christmas vacation? have to decide if I cam going to take my sled up or not

thecfarm

I know your temps are differant,but not much ice on the ponds around here. And I am talking the small ones too.

SwampDonkey

We was looking at some ponds today as driving bye in Oakfield, Smyrna and Houltan, Me. There is good ice on large ponds, but it is not thick enough yet. The river here is chilled solid in the head pond, and this is a big wide river. But again not thick enough yet. 200 geese was sitting on it a week ago in open water. ;)

Buckshot00

23/52-sunny here today.

Crusarius

I need to go check my pond and see how thick it is. I have quite a bit of snow and has been snowing since I went to bed last night

chevytaHOE5674

The sun was shining this morning and it was rather pleasant outside. Now the clouds, wind and snow have moved in....

Would be nice if we could get a couple of days without snow, sure gets old plowing twice a day everyday....

Gearbox

We have had below zero already . Almost no snow plowed for the first time today and didn't plow all of the yard .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

thecfarm

16°. I did mention about how the ponds are not really safe. But there are a couple very braves souls,that I bet have been ice fishing On Norcross Pond.This pond is only a few miles from me. It's a small pond,but all the ones that I have talked to,when they see that the brave souls have been out there,they do not call them braves souls.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!