iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

Snow snow and more snow. You guessed it today it snowed most of the day, got about 6" of wet heavy snow today. At least after tomorrow there isn't much snow in the forecast, but around here that will all change in 15 minutes.

The long term guessers were saying above average snowfall for this season, and if it keeps up like this they may be correct for once. Last I heard we had over 20" of snowfall so far this "winter" and that was before the last few days of snow.

SwampDonkey

Going to be real mild Sunday and rain, so any skiffs of snow on the ground are going to be gone. Nothing accumulated here in the daylight hours, no idea what is going on in the dark. Yep windy.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Red sky this morning, and just 22°!  'Nuff Said!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

JV

Mid 50's today with rain all day including thunderstorms and wind.  Supposed to drop to 31 tonight.  No milling today.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

SwampDonkey

Dry, sunny and no sign of any white stuff.  :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

It started raining some time late in the night, and at 6:00 it changed to blowing snow, and now at 8:00 AM it's still coming down!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Raining here now but without the white stuff.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Well, I guess it's started now!

The first SNOW PLOW for this season just went by at 8:40!

Last year, our first snow was a 3-day affair, started 11/20 and ended 11/22, dropping 16 inches of snow!

EDIT:  Snow quit about 1:00PM, went out and measured on the picnic table, we got 1½ inches!

SwampDonkey

Rain began here in the early hours, it's around 50F right now and still raining with a little fog.

Crusarius

Thanks chuck. I was working on the wifes jeep outside when the snow finally made it here.

thecfarm

Now it feels like a November day when it rains. Was not bad out before noon time. I cleaned the ashes out of the OWB,good day for it,raining. I was on the warm side. Even went and got a load of wood. Than I went out a little before dark.  :o What happened,the temperature dropped.   :o  Guess the Sept weather in November can't last.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

29 and a cool breeze here.  Still green/brown. ;D

Chuck White

We got some more snow through the night, looks like 1 1/2 - 2 inches!

I'll go out and measure after breakfast!

thecfarm

That wind and cold hung on all day. I guess our summer is over.  :D

Chuck White

So far, 6 ½ inches of snow!

Clear this morning and about 36°, report is the snow we have will go away before we get any more!

chevytaHOE5674

Our snow all melted the last few days with temps near 40°. Now it cooled back off and the wind is howling.

Chuck White

It's sunny and 46° here now, so it's likely most of the snow here will be gone by sundown!

SwampDonkey

No snow forecasted for here, some showers tomorrow afternoon, then mix of sun and cloud a couple days.

chevytaHOE5674

Really wish the weather would just stick someplace. Last 3 days its been in the teens and 20's and the ground is froze enough you can walk and ride the 4 wheeler on without sinking to your armpits in the mud. Now they are forecasting Friday to be near 50 and rain then 30's and rain/snow next week, which will bring back the armpit deep mud.

thecfarm

Raining here now,close to freezing too.

SwampDonkey

Mild here in the 40's and showers just began awhile ago.

Crusarius

yesterday I had 60 and windows down in the truck. today I don't think it broke 40 and snow all day.

thecfarm

High 40's but the wind is blowing just a enough to make it feel cooler. But better than 20°,which it could be.
Last day for firearm deer hunting. Muzzle loading for 2 weeks.

SwampDonkey

Up into the 50's here and sun. No wind.  :)

chevytaHOE5674

Hit 52° on Friday with rain, now today was in the 20's with snow. Forecast for the week is 40's one day then 30's the next. With Fridays rain we are most definitely back to neck deep mud everywhere, the driveway to my house is about 2-3 foot of gravel and rock and even it now has standing water on top because everything is so saturated.

Can't really do anything outside so just waiting on things to freeze.

Thank You Sponsors!