iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curdog

The leaves are starting to get some color,  but summer is slipping back in. A little over 80 and sunny today.

Chuck White

We didn't get any snow yet, but the ground is white and it's  26° here this morning!   bon_fire bon_fire
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ljohnsaw

Rain down here in the valley 8) and to continue through the morning.  First real rain since May.

Rain just below my cabin (via traffic cameras on I80), wet snow just above.  There are several ups and downs to get across the Sierras and the CalTrans map shows chain controls on and off over the individual "summits".  Great day NOT to be crossing the Sierras!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Darrel

Snowed all day yesterday but didn't stick. Woke up to just over an inch and is mostly gone now. The trip over Bly Mountain to Bonanza took a little over an hour instead of the usual 40 minutes.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

coxy

well I got home and there was a note in big red letters said YOU WILL TURN ON THE BASEBORD HEAT OR YOU CAN COOK ,CLEAN AND DO YOUR OWN LOUNDRY :o :o  guess what I did  :D and put more wood on the fire so it should be about 80-85 in here by the time she gets home  must be getting cold again   want it nice and cozy in here so I can give her the news that I'm buying another dozer  8) 8)

JV

Still several fields of soybeans near me yet to be cut so we don't need snow.  Drizzled all day stopping any harvest.  Tomorrow afternoon could get exciting as they are forecasting a warm front followed by a cold front.  Possibility of 65+ mph winds, hail, tornados, and heavy rain with flooding in lowland areas.  Just when the engine on my generator gave up.  :(
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

SwampDonkey

Lots of corn in fields here to be cut. I think beans are all harvested. They can often cut corn here when the ground is frozen. Taking chances though, frozen ground means snow is not far away in this country. :D

Looking like rain again for a couples days here, was 29 earlier, now 32 at day break, so warming up. Lots of water in the woods now. ;D

Was working a bit clearing blow down from the boundary lines. Surprising how time goes bye and not many yards cleared. :D Cutting and throwing chunks out of the way. I like clean lines with no trash to climb through. ;D Also, when I see a leaner or dead pole, I cut it not only on the line but out in the woodlot anywhere. I don't like surprises to land on me. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

JV

I hope we get through the day without the major storms they are predicting.  One renter has 350 acres of popcorn yet to harvest, he doesn't need heavy wind and rain.

I would love to get back into the woods, but my legs just won't cooperate.  One woodlot was harvested several years ago and has some honeysuckle that needs removed.  A pasture adjoins it that hasn't been grazed in over 30 years, amazing how the trees took over.  Started with crabapple, honeysuckle, and other trash.  Now most are walnut, sugar maple, and oak.  It needs some tlc.  There are some white pine that was planted years ago when it was considered the thing to do by the state forestry.  I have my eye on one that must be 40 feet or better to the first limb.  I have never sawn pine and would love to try.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

thecfarm

Below 40°,by mid night 50.  :o 
Week after week of warm temps. No sun today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Snow's coming, Ray!   :snowball:

Won't be long!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Chuck,not this morning at 58°. But in a day or two it will be below freezing every morning for about 6 days. Might be more,but that is as far as the extended forcast is. One day won't even get into the 40's. I can't believe it will be that cold.  :D  Been a very warm fall here. Real odd. Not mornings and days of warm temps,but weeks of it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

are you complaining  ;D  the only thing I'm complaining about is the rain   the warm is great but with no sun its wet wet wet no work for the last 2 weeks  >:( getting sick of the honey do list  :) I don't think a month of sun and wind could dry it up now

thecfarm

Ayup, complaining about normal temps.  :D ::) I can hear the customers that come into the store and complain how cold it is.  ::) Should of been like this a month ago. We had it real easy. Now back to the way it should be.
We had a fall the way it was when I was growing up,around freezing all day. I saw a deer hanging,that should of been a sign for a cold winter. And it was a cold winter. Well,cold as in not much above freezing for days on end. Now it can be above freezing and rain in Dec and Jan. :o  And than it takes much of the snow away.

drobertson

WHeee!  Roller coaster ride again, 30° drop in less than 24 hrs, nice little shower yesterday evening along the cold front,  looks like deer season this year will have nice hunting temps,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

SwampDonkey

Was 57 at 5:30 am this morning, some rain. Climbing into 60's. Snow mix with rain possible by Thursday. ;D Time to walk the blower up from the basement. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

JV

We were lucky yesterday with just some rain.  Tornados reported around the Indiana/Ohio border.  One in our county east of us.  2.77 inches of rain a couple of counties north of us and a report of .88 inch hail.  The weather service is still investigating some reports and will update later.  I hate to think what December could bring.
John

Andries

A bit of snow and - 20°F. tonight.
Windchill will be wicked tomorrow!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

coxy

Quote from: Andries on November 06, 2017, 04:41:19 PM

A bit of snow and - 20°F. tonight.
Windchill will be wicked tomorrow!
nice pic from last year  ;) ;D

78NHTFY

This is what 70 MPH + winds from the storm last week did to my 2 WP stickered stacks :-[.  Ropes tying down the tin broke......All my other 10 stacks

were fine.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

curdog

We've had one frost that lasted a hour or so a couple of weeks ago.... and haven't been close since... may have close to freezing temps on Friday .
The cutovers are still pretty green....makes survival counts of last year's seedlings tough.

sawguy21

18F here with a clear sky, it's going to be brisk by morning. This is cold for early November but weather guru says highs of 40 by late week.  ???
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

I wonder how much green bamboo there is now at 26°?
This is my only second frost that I have had at my place. The hill and woods help out.

chevytaHOE5674

Past the point of frost UP here we are freezing. Hasn't been above freezing in a few days now and the nights have been in the low 20's so the ground is starting to freeze. It's no where near froze enough to walk or drive on without sinking 2' into the mud, but its a start.

Winter storm warning starting this afternoon for up to 12" of lake effect snow... Better get the plow truck out and make sure it still works...

SwampDonkey

It was also around 26F or so here this morning, but climbed to 49 by afternoon. Nice little crust on top of the ground.  :snowball: ;D I had to remove a couple yard trees, one a blow over the other had a canker in the stem (Popple). More firewood.  :D

curdog

Hung around 50 all day. Cranked up the truck this morning at 49,  crept up to 51 and still holding at 48 . Been drizzling all day as well... ready to dry up a little.

Thank You Sponsors!