iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Thunderstorms here to this afternoon, not too severe though. Been a damp week but not much rain to it, mist mostly. Sun came out by noon here and got fairly warm.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ox

Quote from: Deese on June 01, 2017, 04:31:37 PM
About to get hammered with thunderstorms again. Rain. Rain. Rain. It's been like this for 2 weeks.
And last year was drought for ya, right?
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

grouch

Woo-hoo! Got my garden tilled and planted and almost caught up on mowing. Now it should be hot and dry until the seeds and grass are dead, and then the next monsoon season will hit to help the weeds take over again.
Find something to do that interests you.

SwampDonkey

Never got much water from the storm, never wet the pavement.

Potatoes are up through the ground in the garden.  Onions have green tops starting. 8)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

The sun is out. Have not seen it much in the morning lately. 48°
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bandmill Bandit

we've had a few days of +29 C* of hot weather which is a bit early BUT last night around midnight the the sky opened up and dumped for about 20 minutes and then backed off to a nice steady rain. we've had just over an inch in 6 ish hours. nos sign of stopping yet. Weather says should be done around noon.     
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

nativewolf

Quote from: SwampDonkey on June 02, 2017, 04:40:55 AM
Never got much water from the storm, never wet the pavement.

Potatoes are up through the ground in the garden.  Onions have green tops starting. 8)

Our potatoes flowered 2 weeks ago.  Gardens in NB have such a short season that it is interesting to see all your crops compressed into a short few months.
Liking Walnut

SwampDonkey

Gardening, not aided by coverings, lasts from end of May to Mid October for root crops. Five months is long enough to grow what is traditional foods here.  ;D

Wild strawberries and blueberries have been in bloom for 2 weeks. Our blueberries bear fruit from end of June to September.  8)

Deese

Raining here. Again.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

red

NASA will launch a Rocket early tomorrow morning from the Eastern Shore of Virginia. It will drop canisters to color clouds . They will also have a live feed.
NASA postponed until June 11
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

thecfarm

Another 48° morning. But the sun is out this time.  ;D
Yesterday was a cool day. Not a day to be standing around talking in a t shirt.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

curdog

Already 70 this morning at 830. Should get to mid 80s today,  but it's kinda cloudy.... probably storm later today.

Deese

Ra Ra Ra Rain....
Cooks AE4P Edger

Deese

Cooks AE4P Edger

chevytaHOE5674

Chilly start this morning at 42° and foggy until about 2pm, then the sun came out and the temps climbed into the 50's. Talk on the radio this morning was we have officially had 4 days where the temp has hit 70° or above.....

thecfarm

70° temps??? What's that??  ;D  Been a few days here and there. Been on the cool side. We all remember the bad days more than the good days.

trapper

forecast low 70's and sun most of the rest of the week. :)
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Ljohnsaw

Mid-90's today and tomorrow with a front coming down for a little drizzle and 77 Thursday and Friday.  Then back up into the 90's for the weekend.  Roller-coaster weather this year!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Peter Drouin

It is a lot wetter here, then I like.  :D
But I have a 150' of roof. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Deese

Cooks AE4P Edger

grouch

I'll probably jinx it but had perfect weather yesterday and may be again today. Cool nights, not too hot days. Got spring fever and mostly sat around.
Find something to do that interests you.

thecfarm

Looks to be lots of blue sky and lots of sun.

SwampDonkey

Been a dry stretch last few days. The heat is beginning to climb but not humid heat yet. That arrives Sunday. Seen frost on the aspen leaves out in the woods this morning, but didn't feel that cold by 6:30. Must be toughened up to cold by now. :D

Been no frost here at the house since Mid-April. Was 40F here at 4:00 am.

curdog

Pretty nice today,  mid to upper 70s today and not too humid. And the lows are actually getting in the upper 50s.... but looking at the forecast for next week, that's going to change.  Lows around 70 and back to the upper 80s again..

thecfarm

Yes,lots of blue sky,lots of sun. All day long too. Planting tomatoes,a little on the warm side,but I hope there will be more warm days too. Better than the gloomy and mist all day,that we have been having.

Thank You Sponsors!