iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

79th day  :).  However, there is a chance of rain today and a better chance tomorrow.  Whew. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

curdog

Finally raining here this morning. Got probably half inch and it's supposed to continue on and off through tomorrow.....

thecfarm

The ground is white again. Than the rain came and I do mean came.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Have ice on everything here cfarm. But nice and dry in the mill shead. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Well, we finally got a little rain.  And I mean a little.  A bit over 1/10th of an inch. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

I was moving 10" of new wet snow this morning at 5:00 am and we never got power back until just now, been out since 2:30 am I think. Another major storm coming tonight. We got enough snow already, thanks. :D Road was just plowed here now, almost noon before that got done.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

We got rain.Rain one day than stopped in the night and rain came again in the next night. Some places got over an 1½ of rain. Some places got snow.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

caveman

Danny, I am glad you finally got a little bit of rain.  We also got 17 drops yesterday.  Hopefully the cold fronts that will ensue will bring a little much needed moisture your way. 
Caveman

WDH

Finally, we got 1" of rain Wednesday.  1" of rain does not a drought break.

sawguy21

Sure glad Paul_H got the chains for my tractor yesterday, the temperature dropped in the last hour and it's snowing hard. I can't see anything beyond the main road. We are supposed to get lows of -12C (about 8F) next week, looks like winter has arrived.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

red

Hawaii to get 3 ft of SNOW on Sunday . Everyone is getting in the Christmas Spirit.

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

SwampDonkey

Haven't seen the sun here since October. Overcast every day, for most of the day.  :-\

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

We went on top of the hill yesterday and the spring is flowing again. I have not seen it dry until this year.

Peter Drouin

Snow is coming Cfarm, :D :D
do you have everything pickup in the yard? ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

It could snow next July and I still would not be ready. Just got the so called woodpile covered.
I am in Christmas mode now. Trying to make the place look like this.

Half way there. Brenda likes to put a lot out. Looks like all me alone this year. She had a knee replacement and it's doing ok,but not really ok enough to help out. Except at supervising.  ;D
But she will be setting stuff up in the house. Plenty inside too!!!

SwampDonkey

Looks like a regular Santa's village down there. Need some snow? We probably have 12" that is likely settled some. But it was 10F this morning.  Winter is here. ;D

curdog

Finally getting a little rain... and possibly around an inch tonight.  Should be cooling off by the end of the week with Friday staying in the upper 30s..

thecfarm

Just like they said 3 inches. The ground is white.

Andries

We're in the middle of a snowstorm.
This morning my shop door looked like this:

So, it's not bad.
We can still see the top half of the door!  :D  :D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Andries

The WeatherGuessers are posting 40 mph winds and snow depth of 16" with the storm ending tomorrow night.
The wood stove is perking hot in the shop and I suppose it'd be a good time to tinker with the snowblower.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Jim_Rogers

Got up to mid 40's today so most or a lot of yesterday's dusting to an inch melted away. Didn't hurt my feelings at all.
Hopefully it won't "dust" us to much more tomorrow.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Andries

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 03, 2016, 06:10:15 PM
Haven't seen the sun here since October. Overcast every day, for most of the day.  :-\
That kind of weather would drive me bonkers.
We get a winter of cold and sunny - way much preferred to wet, slushy slop everywhere.
But that's just me. ;)

To get you into the Christmas spirit, here's a video of motorists in Montreal, Quebec coping with the wet icy roads over there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH5IEoj46tU
No one was hurt in this video.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Ljohnsaw

What amazes me is neither the officer or the plow had chains on!  That's a pretty good hill and I'm sure that happens quite a bit there.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

It's all hill up here. So they sand/salt one lane, coming up only. So it's a slide down.  ;D :D

Peter Drouin

If the sand truck driver knew what he was doing and back down the hill driving over his salt and sand he would not look stupid.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!