iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

We had a pretty "hot" thunderstorm pass through our area last night, and we got some very much needed rain, and it cooled things off nice.

Got up this morning and looked out and everything looks so clean and smells fresh.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

Mus-keet,

It is hot here, but people are not dying. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Been rather warm here for a few days, going to cool off for a few.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

grouch

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on June 21, 2016, 12:46:39 AM
4 people died from the heat hiking over the weekend and a 5th is missing.

Almost 10 pm and still 100. Ugh.

Yesterday broke the official record by 2 degrees. Haven't seen today's  numbers yet, but the car thermometer was at 116 while I was driving around. Tucson's all time hot day for the summer is 117. We are close...

I don't understand what would make somebody pick such a time to go hiking. It's just completely incomprehensible to me.
Find something to do that interests you.

sandhills

I agree completely grouch, I've been down there "hiking" in the middle of winter and it was hot then, some of you may not recognize the name but I know mesquite knows the tale of the lost Dutchman and Superstion Mt. and that area, it would be easy to get lost but why would you even try it in 116 degree weather? 

curdog

Some of the guys from work are out on some fires in new Mexico right now, they said it was 115 or so on one of the calls back. Luckily it's a nice and cool 95 here today  ::)

mesquite buckeye

Couple of them were Europeans on vacation who I'm sure didn't know better. We get some of them most every year, sometimes on days it doesn't make it to 100.

People make bad decisions and when the heat gets to you your brain will make even worse ones. Heat stress makes you stupid.

I'm guessing we will be getting even worse news in the next few weeks from border crossers who don't make it. Sometimes they lose 20 at a time.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

They were looking for another one who is missing and presumed dead. The rescuers started to get in trouble too and shut down until the early morning hours. Still haven't found the guy. He should be easy to find in another day....
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Chuck White

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on June 21, 2016, 09:01:56 PM
They were looking for another one who is missing and presumed dead. The rescuers started to get in trouble too and shut down until the early morning hours. Still haven't found the guy. He should be easy to find in another day....

True!   Just look to the sky. 

Sad situation.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mesquite buckeye

They found the missing guy dead yesterday. He was visiting from Germany.

thecfarm

We got some much needed rain. But not much rain. It was a nice slow rain. Kinda stopped and started quite a few times from about 1-5pm.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

curdog

Me and my girlfriend are visiting Kentucky this week, and it is way too humid. We've obviously got humidity at home, but it's pretty rough up here as.
But it's getting dry at home, while I was driving today I kept getting text about fires, hopefully by the time we get back its will have rained some.

WildlandFirefighter912

Very dry here and getter drier. KBDI is around 546. Though i nearly got stuck near a bottom the other day.

Humidity as usual...1000000% and hot temperature.

Say this winter its gonna start getting dry due to La niña. Next year expecting the Okefenokee to catch on fire again. Bout that time...just another routine.

My crew starts on call rotation for national fires Sunday...looks like i need to find some boots..

WDH

Dry as a buried dog bone in the Sahara. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

grouch

Some dramatic storms rolled through last night (from the Northwest!) and eased the misery. Got cool after they passed by. Now the steam bath is creeping back, but not as bad as it was. May actually accomplish something besides panting before sunset.
Find something to do that interests you.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on June 24, 2016, 03:46:50 PM
Dry as a buried dog bone in the Sahara.

old saying
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SwampDonkey

70's and low humidity today. Nice comfortable weather, now hold that until November. :D But that's gonna change tomorrow.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

It's been really hot here, right now it's 84° in the shade.

I would hate to even think about sawing in this weather.

Den Socling

In 1972 I said I would never again be in Phoenix during the summer. My 94 year old dad wrecked his car and it's time to move him to a home so here we are again. It's 114' in the shade.

Ljohnsaw

The high pressure system that is hanging over Arizona has been fluctuating a bit and our daily highs (way up in Sacramento) has been fluctuating between 95 and 100.  This next week we are supposed to see 105 for a few days.  I'm thinking of staying up at my cabin site in my trailer with the dogs.  It will only be 85 or so.  This is why I'm building a cabin in the hills.  Remember - its a dry heat ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Den Socling

On Wednesday it is supposed to be 108' and rain. Does that sound miserable or what?

thecfarm

Drove by a couple potatoe fields,they are in blossom.
I picked strawberries today. 10 pounds.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Hot, in the 90's. But I think it is short lived.

My potatoes in the garden never blossom, or I have never seen them blossom in all the years we grew them. We did have  a handful of beetles this year, but we picked them and squashed them. ;D

I've got 8 tomatoes on the vines, we only planted two Scotians. Been eating radishes, beat green and swiss chard. A lot of stuff is slow, 2 weeks of cold rain showers in June, now too hot and dry. Joys of farming.  ::)

We've been eating strawberries from Nova Scotia for the past week. Cedar waxwings here fleece any kind of berry bush, even the wild strawberries on the lawn. And they ain't scared of no one. :D

thecfarm

Looks to be another nice day. We could use some rain. Just not on my day off.  :D
I saw 2 fawns yesterday behind thier Mother.

SwampDonkey

About 3:00 today is all I could take, some staggers and blurriness on the walk out of the bush. Exhausted for sure. I always have water. Wet as a muskrat and not a drop of rain.

Terrible dry.

Thank You Sponsors!