iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Another nice day. Loaded about 50 landscaping blocks into a cutomers truck. It was warm!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

Yesterday was another nice day.Lilacs are out,a week early. Most times it's Memorial weekend.
No bear last night.
Leaves are really out now. Can't see the river at work now.
Saw a wood chunk running for the stone wall yesterday.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

89 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Saguaros are blooming.

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

83F and 32% humidity, need I say more?  ;D

Lilacs are a little behind here, but the one in the front yard has some flower buds out, but no opened up. By Friday that should change. Cranberry aren't flowered yet, the cedar waxwing bushes. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ianab

Getting a little tired of cold rain...

Recorded at least some rain every day for the last 12...  Nothing that heavy here, but more forecast for the weekend with thunderstorms thrown in.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

Been a nice stretch of weather. But we could use some rain. Really none in sight,besides a shower or two.
Memorial Day does look good. For the ones not in the states,that is a big planting,working outside,getting the yard work done,start of summer,open up the camp,3 day weekend.  ;D

SwampDonkey

Well it's a little cool today after the thunderstorm. But not much for rain at all.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Just got done with two (2) 4,500 bf+ sawjobs, now taking a break until the weather breaks.

It's 85° with lots of humidity, so this ole dog ain't doin' much 'cept stayin' on the porch!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ox

Hotter'n the pits of Hades around here lately.  High of 94 yesterday, 93 today, high humidity.  Cold front and line of showers went through yesterday late and temp went from 93 to 66 in under an hour.  That was nice.

This month, May, we had a blowing blizzard (briefly) and temps of 94 all in the same month.  This place can be crazy sometimes.  And this past winter I didn't have to plow at all and we saw -31F too!  Bunch of stuff to tell the grandkids someday.

Keep safe, guys.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

chevytaHOE5674

Was in the 60's and 70's a few days last week. Now its 43° with a heavy downpour. Hoping for some warmer weather to get the grass growing. Before this rain it was so dry that I was able to chop some swamp grass (only grass with any growth too it) for the cattle in areas that are usually too wet to get into until July/August. I'd really like to have enough grass to get the cattle out on pasture grazing by June 1st, but not looking too good for that so far.

thecfarm

A very warm day here. High 80's and I do mean high. Suppose to be much cooler the next few days,maybe low 70's.

SwampDonkey

Low 70's day here and sun. Had a look in on the blue birds, 5 eggs in the nest.  ;D :)

thecfarm

I have not been paying attention. I don't think I have any bluebirds this year. Will be in the garden tomorrow. I will have to be on the lookout.

r.man

Mid 80s here for the last two days and muggy. Hard to breathe and sweat just standing around. Physical work in this is brutal, we are not acclimatized at all. We had freezing temps at night two weeks ago.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

chevytaHOE5674

Had to break down a light a fire in the OWB. Overcast/rain and temps down in the 40's it was getting a little chilly and damp in the house.

rjwoelk

Swamp donkey I just traveled past your place today, load of drainage tube going to pettitcodiac, dropping Monday morning. .  Was a very nice day.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

curdog

Cool and cloudy today. Sitting around 70,  but back to upper 80s  for the the rest of the forecast period.

SwampDonkey

Cool day today, not 70. And hardly any rain at all from a cloudy day. Sprinkles don't count for too much.  ::)

thecfarm

Looks like I have a couple bluebirds. They was going in and out of the house.
I did not quite hear what town was almost 30° diffearant in temp from yesterday to today. I would think I had about 20° if not even 25° different. It was a good working outside day,cool.

mesquite buckeye

100. :( 108 by the weekend. :( :( :(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Ox

Is it true what they say about "dry heat"?  That it's quite a bit more tolerable?  That humidity is everything?  I've never experienced it in my life.  I sweat like a fiend even on cool days and would like to find out if I sweat as bad (running, dripping in eyes) in a dry heat.
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Ox on May 30, 2016, 04:58:22 PM
Is it true what they say about "dry heat"?  That it's quite a bit more tolerable?  That humidity is everything?  I've never experienced it in my life.  I sweat like a fiend even on cool days and would like to find out if I sweat as bad (running, dripping in eyes) in a dry heat.

Yes, a dry heat is MUCH more tolerable.  I was born in So. California and moved to NY with my family when I was 11.  I moved back to No. California when I was 20.  I can take the 100-105 just fine.  115 it starts to wear you out.  On the bright side, when it drops back to 100, it feels like spring! :D  In NY, I hated when it was 85° and 95% humidity.  I'd take 100° out here any day!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

Started out on the cool side with rain showers, then cleared after dinner and climbed into the 70's and sticky.  :-\

Ox

Now see, that's just crazy to me.  I understand what you're saying, you know?  But I have a hard time wrapping my head around it cause we just had some days here that touched 95 with high 80s humidity.    Maybe someday I'll wander out west and experience a dry heat.  Someday.

thecfarm

60° and Brenda is cold so the heat is on.

Thank You Sponsors!