iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

Back to hot and dry, the little rain we had didn't do much good although the local fire situation is much better. Crops are taking a beating, I don't think we will see much corn.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

BradMarks

First day of three or four predicted to be 100+.  One forecast even calls for 106, which I have never seen here in my life.  One good(bad) thunderstorm and the woods will be blazing.  Hope that doesn't happen.  I guess El Nino is shaping up for a wet winter around here, and as much as I despise the rain from way too many years working in it, it will be welcome on the entire west coast. Until we get the floods, and the ....... ???

mesquite buckeye

Lots of thunderstorms. Somebody got their Tahoe washed away and upside down in the flash flood yesterday. The two people were able to swim to safety. We just got 0.17". The flood of 1-2 quick inches died about a mile from us.

Here is that storm.

Another one today that I'm posting in Bibbyman's sky scenes. Joe Bob says check it out.

;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

My thermometer says 66° outside.  I have not seen an AM temp that low since last Winter.  This surely is not Mississippi weather.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Buckshot00

75 going to 95 and sunny.

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Magicman on July 30, 2015, 07:45:48 AM
My thermometer says 66° outside.  I have not seen an AM temp that low since last Winter.  This surely is not Mississippi weather.   ;D

Where are you now MM?

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

mesquite buckeye

Probably getting north of the Gritson Eggson line. ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Seeing that the piggy roast is another 2 days, I'll bet he's climbing the ladder toward them big lakes. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on July 30, 2015, 11:29:02 AMWhere are you now MM?
We arrived in Harrison yesterday (29th).  We are enjoying this Michigan weather.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

It's 65° here this morning.  Nice but YIKES !!! 

thecfarm

Put a jacket on and enjoy it!!!
The same temp here,but should be up in the high 80's today.
That hail storm we had a few days ago,did not do the garden any good at all.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Deer jumped the fence here and had some beat tops, carrot tops and beans. Put some fencing a bit higher, we'll see. :D I picked beans yesterday for the first beans. Been eating greens, beets, taters, carrots, dillweed, onions.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

The forecast says 55° tonight and 78° tomorrow.   8)

coxy

hope your heater works  MM  ;D

thecfarm

Was a pretty moon a rising this evening.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

A good night for deer to check out a garden.  ;D

We had a change in air humidity yesterday, dropped the RH down to the 40's in the afternoon, not so muggy, but still hot air. ;D

thecfarm

Brenda said she saw a rainbow today.

Brucer

It was 52°C (126°F) in Baghdad today. Humidity close to 100%.

Just saying.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Magicman

Us "Southern Folks" are enjoying Jeff's weather.  67° this morning.   :)   smiley_thumbsup

thecfarm

Was a warm day. Had a cook out and played frisbee and ladder ball with a 9 year old.

mesquite buckeye

A lovely 106 in the shade. :( I think I'll go find some. ;D

Jim_Rogers

Thunder storm with rain passed by early this morning.

Terrible news about the storm passing through NH yesterday blowing down a circus tent and killing two people.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Magicman

It's a nice 76° in central Ohio.   :)

elk42

Hang in there guys fall is on its way. For the last 25 years two black gum trees  leaves start turning red about three weeks after the longest day of the year so just
give it a little time and it will be better. Be safe with this heat.

These trees are in my yard.

smiley_turkey_hide
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

thecfarm

Another hail storm visited The C Farm. :o  :( What did not get beat down to the ground the last one,got it this time.

Thank You Sponsors!