The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: -SOLD-Ford F700 flatbed with Knuckle crane  (Read 15723 times)

Offline getoverit

• Senior Member x2
  • freeing trees from silence
-SOLD-Ford F700 flatbed with Knuckle crane
« on: August 03, 2008, 02:16:13 am »
I have a 1982 F700 flatbed with a knuckle boom crane that I need to sell. It has a detroit deisel engine in it and twin tanks. The hydraulics on the knuckleboom are in fair shape and I havent found a log yet that I couldnt put on the truck, even if I had to lift one and at a time. I have hauled home some whopers!

I no longer have any mills and have sold my skidsteer too, so this is no longer needed.

I have just had the brakes overhauled The engine runs perfect. It has a governer that limits its maximum speed to 55mph. The flat bed is 18' long and has 2 steel posts to keep logs from rolling off. More posts would be handy if you are hauling short logs. 2 of the tires are new. It needs new batteries but can be jumped off. Otherwise it is in good shape. I use chains and a log dog grapple hook to load logs. It does not have a hudraulic grapple, but the lines and control are in place for one if you want to add one.

IT DOES NOT REQUIRE A CDL.

I want $8,000 for this combo, but will accept reasonable offers.

email me at ken@hodgesguitars.com for offers or more info.

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Offline Rocky_J

• Senior Member x2
Re: Ford F700 flatbed with Knuckle crane
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 06:56:30 am »
What's the reach on the knuckleboom? And what will it pick up at full extension?

I used to use a similar truck about 10 years ago when I worked for Davey Tree. I know 2-3 different guys who may be interested.

Offline Warren

• Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord.... Col. 3:23
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 08:03:34 am »
Just to throw in my $0.02...  I have a similar set up on a 1980 GMC.  The truck and boom are handy for moving, hauling, lifting any number of items you wouldn't think about.  The cost of a new knuckle boom is double the asking price here for the whole set up.  This is a good deal...
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C, W&S Forklift, Baker Edger ...  And not near enough time in the day ...

Offline getoverit

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 10:28:25 am »
The boom extends about 10 feet past the back of the bed and will pick up small stuff (less than 18") from full extension. Larger logs will need to be dragged along side the truck and lifted from there.

Offline logwalker

• Senior Member x2
  • Got Logs??
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 11:52:21 am »
That looks like it is worth every penny. Does it have air brakes? Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Offline getoverit

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 01:34:19 pm »
It has hydraulic brakes. They have just been reworked with new lines and one new brake cylinder and some new lines and a new master cylinder.

Offline Jasperfield

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 09:48:25 pm »
Is the loader a Fassi? And if so, do you have any contact info for Fassi? I need to get some technical specs on my Fassi F110A loader.

Thank you

Offline getoverit

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 10:40:58 pm »
It is not a fassi. It is an italian made unit and I have all of the documentation for the crane.

Prior to me having the truck, it served it's life at a manufacturing plant where they made the flat beds for trucks, like the flat bed that is on this truck. It was used to unload trucks with steel and rarely ever left the plant. It is in excellent running condition.

Offline sawguy21

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 12:43:34 am »
I like the crane and long deck but how much load capacity do you have left? I drove a similar unit that could not legally carry three drums of fuel, we needed another axle.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Offline getoverit

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 03:06:30 pm »
I'm not sure. I know I have been overloaded several times with it, but so far nobody has stopped me to ask about it. It will haul a load of large logs without any problems.

Offline LOGDOG

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 10:38:13 pm »
Getoverit,

That's a great looking rig. I used to do a lot of hauling on a very similar rig about 15 years ago. That rig was a Coke delivery truck in it's past life and I hauled some HUGE loads of cants on it. Brings back memories.  ;D Do you know off hand what the GVWR is on your rig?

Thanks,

LOGDOG

Offline getoverit

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 11:32:37 pm »
 It is about 500 pounds short of needing a CDL, what ever that is.

Offline logwalker

• Senior Member x2
  • Got Logs??
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 01:18:28 am »
26k is the limit.
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Offline Meadows Miller

• Senior Member x2
  • Location: Find a Job You Love & You Will Never Work Another Day In Your Life
  • The Walkabout Sawyer
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 01:21:44 am »
Gday

getoverit thats a nice looking f700 we call them L700s over here the crane looks like a Hiab .

Jasperfield Im looking at a  05 Fassi 110A mounted on a fully rebuilt 1974 KW W925 SAR with a 8V92 TTA rated at 510hp ,10 spd RR and 80mph diffs on hendrickson susp the Fassi has olny done 150 hrs work for $56000 au in rwc 8) what sort of Info do you need as I got some info here from the importer who who brings them into Australia because i thought the KW was sold  :( so I looked into getting one and mounting it myself try this on for size New 110A with two extra valuves to opperate grab+rotator $68000 +ptopump $2700+ $7000 FITTING  :o Ill do it myself thanks  :D so jus hit Me with what You need to Know.

Reguards Chris McMahon
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Offline getoverit

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 01:27:00 am »
This is an effer crane, made in italy. Attached is one of the owners manuals if you are interested.

Offline Meadows Miller

• Senior Member x2
  • Location: Find a Job You Love & You Will Never Work Another Day In Your Life
  • The Walkabout Sawyer
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 01:51:41 am »
Getoverit

the Effers are a good crane We have them overhere I think the shipping would be a Killer + having to wait 2 months for it to get here on Your truck but I reckon that it wont take long for one of the Boys on here to snap it up crane trucks are the most versitile way of handaling logs and sawn timber for a small sawmiller as You are not confined to a yard or having to float gear allover when thoes little jobs come up.

I had a LNT 9000 with a 903 15spd RR and 38k rearend when i was 20 that I was going to mount Dads Fassi F85 to before We got out of building Loghomes in 01 .I have a bad habit of buying trucks/gear then not doing anything with it  I ve brought 6 trays and semis since I was 18  and only 1 of them is on the road the others usually sat in the yard for a year then got sold for more than Id payed for them  :D 8) I even had 1 that didnt eaven make it home it sat in the dealers yard and some one made an offer on it that i took. :D :D

Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Offline Banjo picker

• Senior Member x2
  • A goal without a plan is just a dream. Elbert H.
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 09:50:12 am »
Hello folks,,  Here is another 2 cents worth....It might be worth noting that even though this truck does not need cdl's .....it is still considered a comerical vehicle....over 10,001 lbs on the gvwr chart puts many of our trucks in this cat....My 3500 dodge dully falls in this cat...My son got a list of tickets in Al....with this truck....Better get ready to have fire ext. spare fuses, triangles and if the man wants to push it dot numbers....I had to reactivate mine....Some of these we should have anyway,, but how many dully pickups do you think have all that...
Cooks AC 36--Prentice 210C--Morgan edger--Kubota M7040 with loader--Case 580 K with extendahoe--Case 850C dozer--Int 1700 series twin cylinder dump/log/flatbed truck--logging arch--2 logrite mill sp.--Cat claw sharpening system--And a bulldog to make sure it all stays here.

Offline getoverit

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 12:26:42 pm »
Just a note to let you know that this truck is still for sale. I have lowered the price to a firm $5,000.

I have now replaced the batteries and it cranks and runs fine.

To answer some earlier questions:

The distance from the tip of the boom to the center of the crane is 27' at full extension.

At full extension, the paperwork that I have on the crane says it will pick up 2,000# and a little over 9,000# close up.

It has hydraulic brakes. It does not have a horn and one of the turn signals is missing.

It has an 8 cyl. detroit diesel engine and has twin diesel tanks that I believe hold 50 gallons each.

I do not know if the governor can be disconnected. The truck is geared low and is a 6 speed. I would not suggest that this truck be driven cross country although it would most likely make the trip. The truck is a work truck and is not the most comfortable thing to drive. Making a long distance trip would most certainly be a strenuous trip.

Offline DanG

• Senior Member x2
  • DanG, The Official ForestryForum Cussword
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 04:29:30 pm »
Would somebody please buy this DanG truck?!  It needs to be removed from my list of temptations! >:( :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Offline Banjo picker

• Senior Member x2
  • A goal without a plan is just a dream. Elbert H.
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 09:15:33 pm »
Would somebody please buy this DanG truck?!  It needs to be removed from my list of temptations! >:( :D :D

DanG I bet he is not that far from you ,  you should go look at that truck. ;)  I even looked around for the atlas a while ago myself. ;D  Tim
Cooks AC 36--Prentice 210C--Morgan edger--Kubota M7040 with loader--Case 580 K with extendahoe--Case 850C dozer--Int 1700 series twin cylinder dump/log/flatbed truck--logging arch--2 logrite mill sp.--Cat claw sharpening system--And a bulldog to make sure it all stays here.