iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tractor warranty question

Started by brdmkr, July 28, 2008, 10:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdmkr

I blew a gasket on my tractor hydraulics with only 47 hours on the tractor.  I don't think hoses are generally covered under a warranty, but I don't know about gaskets.  The repair looks like it would be easy enough, but I lost a lot of fluid and that stuff is costly!  Is something like this generally covered?
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Don_Papenburg

If it is North American mfgr it would be .  Not sure about asian and midle east mfgr.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

beenthere

I'd think it would be a dealer option to fix or not. Doubt a gasket would be a warranty item. Wish you well in trying.

Was it the Mahindra?
How much fluid might be lost?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

brdmkr

It was the Mahindra.  I really don't know how much was lost.  The gasket evidently blew when my wife was bushhogging.  I noticed it when I picked up a log.  It is low enough that all of the hydraulics are about, including the steering.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

thecfarm

I  would be some vocal if they did not fix it with only 47 hours on it.It's brand new.No reason in my eyes for that to happen.You said your wife was bush hogging with it? That alone should not may it blow out.I would call up the company if the place you bought it from did not go good on.Even if you was picking up big logs with it that was bigger than what you should be picking up,that should not happen.They should even come and get it,at their cost too.Good Luck.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

brdmkr

I called this morning.  The dealer said he was sorry that it happened and that they would pick it up, make repairs and return it.  No charge 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I really thought that the dealer would fix it, but I could also understand if this was not covered as I know that hoses are often not covered.  However, I think hoses ARE covered in my case as he volunteered to fix the leak BEFORE he knew it was a gasket.  All-in-all, I think this guy is aims to have happy customers.  I know I will recommend him to others.

Should be up and running by the weekend.

Thank You Sponsors!