iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tom's First Mill

Started by Tom, July 24, 2008, 10:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

My first mill was a Wood Mizer LT40HD made in 1990

It sawed over a million board feet and then was asked to saw more to justify joining Wood Mizer's Million board foot club.  After Buying my first Baker in 1999, it was again asked to perform when problems with the Baker and my learning curve were making it diffiucult to keep the business afloat.   It responded with gusto and I couldn't have asked for harder working yoeman.

As the newer mills became more serviceable, it found itself in the field out back.  Still my baby, I yearned to see her sawing again.  Several efforts were made over the years to put her back into service under the hands of new sawyers, but none of the ventures were fruitful.  Then it went to Dwight.  Dwight began giving her some TLC and the phoenix began to rise from the ashes.  Business and personal problems have delayed the project for over a year, but, in my email today, I got a picture from St. George, Georgia, taken by a forum member, of Dwight sawing with mill.  My heart is so happy! :)

brdmkr

Tom,

I have some tools that belonged to my dad that I feel that way about.  Some of them need repair to be used and I am torn between repairing them and putting them into service or laughing at the damage and subsequent repairs that he made.  I think I'll leave them alone and just remember how they got that way.

Good post.

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Bibbyman

Old Wood-Mizers never die.  They just get fixed up with some new parts and new owners.

Good to see it making dust again.  8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Dave Shepard

8) 8) 8)

That's great Tom!

Did Dwight know he was going to be a sawyer before you did? ;) :)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

OneWithWood

Good deal!  8) 8) 8)

I like that 'field camo' paint job  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Firebass

Good storey Tom.   I'd feel the same way after a million BF.  That's like family..

Firebass

Thank You Sponsors!