iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lightweight coveralls for chainsaw/sawmill work

Started by Engineer, July 22, 2008, 07:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer

slightly off topic but I am looking for a source for lightweight coveralls that would fit over normal clothing (t-shirt and shorts) so that I would make less of a mess of myself when doing chainsaw and sawmill work. 

Rocky_J

I don't wear coveralls, but I wear Dickies denim work pants and they hold up very well considering how light and inexpensive they are. Dickies also makes coveralls in the same material. I buy them at Wally World (WalMart). Dickies are very similar to Carhartts but less expensive.

In the work pants, they carry two styles. The prewashed which is a heavier fabric, and the non-prewashed which appears stiff like cardboard. But after you wash them once or twice they soften up and are about half the weight of the heavier denim.

woodmills1

I buy walmarts wranglers, I think they are still 14.97 per pair.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

thecfarm

I found Short Sleeves Coveralls at
www.farmerboyag.com
These were Dickies around $24 a pair.Item # 99990255 for Short Sleeve 36 regular.They have many more sizes.If you go to this site,it's under Safety & Protective Equipment.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ladylake

I just bought a pair of Key for $10 from the local fleet store on clearance, normally $35. Wore them yesterday giving a demo at the fair with the bandsaw, it seemed to keep cooler than just jeans and a t shirt.  They fit a little looser which really helps.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

bck

isawlogs

I have tried and used some of those tyvek coveralls ... they are more tuff then I thought , and best part they are as cheap as you can go .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!