iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

want new saw

Started by trapper, July 09, 2008, 11:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

My stihl o45 is in shop again and may just get new saw. my stihl dealer treats me well but is very slow on service.  any comparisons between the stihl ms260 and echo cs520 sold by another dealer in town who is also a rental shop.  I cut my own fire wood and a few trees to put on the mill. The O45 is the best saw i have had to date but thinking going to a pro saw might be nice.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

sawguy21

The two you are considering are a lot lighter but do not have the power of your 045 (which is almost antique). Parts are getting scarce. What length of bar do you want to run? Keep in mind the MS260 and CS520 also use .325 chain.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

dancan

If you want the 045 power and size get the ms460 or the husky 372xp/jred 2171 , if you don't need quite as big get the ms361  :) .

trapper

the dealer I like sells husky, stihl, echo. bought echo cs-670 because of 5 year warrenty and his sujestion. thanks for the input
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Green Wood

I just got an MS 390 about 2 months ago to compliment my old 028 and I love it. I would rather have the 361, but it was out of my budget. That would probably be a great saw for you, and i am sure would have plenty of power as i can totally bury my 20 in bar on the 390 in a maple or oak and she don't back down (as long as she's good and sharp)

Green Wood

oops! little late.

Hope you like your new echo, that was actually the other brand I was looking at before I got my 390, they seem like great saws and you can't beat that warranty!

ladylake

I've been running a older Echo CS6700 for years, it's one of my favorites, runs like a top and keeps cutting when other higher revving saws would quit.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!