iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logging and Sawmilling Demo at Jubilee College State Park

Started by whitepe, July 08, 2008, 08:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitepe

This last weekend I heard that the Peoria County Soil and Water Conservation District is holding a logging and sawmilling day at Jubilee College State Park from 9 AM to 5 PM on Sat. Sept 20th.  Jubilee College state park is on US 150 about  15 miles west of Peoria.  My friend who owns a swing told me about the event and asked if I was interested in taking my LT15. He is taking his swing mill to the event.  He told me to contact Jerry Wyatt, who is president of Peo. Cou. SWCD.  Jerry lives 3 or 4 miles from my house so I stopped by to see if they were interested.  He said sure.   The are still in the process of setting the agenda and they are going to have some loggers working at the park on the same day.   Jerry wrote down specs on log sizes that I was interested in sawing.  Told him 12-20 inch diameter and 10.5 feet long.   I know the LT 15 can handle 28 inch diameter but have you ever tried to turn a 28 inch red oak log with a cant hook by yourself?   Sparks if you want me to hand out any Woodmizer literature let me know. 

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

whitepe

Beenthere...  It's that state to the south of ya,  ILLY  NOY.    ;)
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Thank You Sponsors!