iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

An eventfull Saturday

Started by WildDog, July 07, 2008, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildDog

Started holidays on the weekend with big intentions of falling trees, milling, burning heaps of windrowed timber, cutting firewood and pulling down old sheep yards.

Day 1 wasn't a good start,

Swapped the blade over for the 4 in 1 bucket drove the tractor out the back started pulling out the old posts with the bucket grab and pinched the hydraulic line....

O.K down a tractor till next week, lets cut some firewood, back to the house swapped tractor for utility went back out in the bush, sawing away and heard a tinkling sound in the 372xp and a couple of splutters, shut the saw down and noticed the bolt missing from the chainbrake arm (saw went to the workshop yesterday and the tech just rang to say the coil had been loose and is pretty shot,  a couple of hundred for a new one :(

O.K no saw(Husky 61 is apart waiting for new gasket and the 028 is rigged for post boreing) went back to the house.

Picked up a load of Cottonseed meal pellets to feed the cows a mile and a half away, (Did I mention we are in the grip of our worst drought on record)

Got to the cows and realised we were shy one old cow (I should of sent this old girl to market with the rest of the caste for age ones but she had an eye infection I wanted to fix up)

We found her bogged brisket deep in a failing spring, we always carry a snigging chain or rope for jobs like this, did we have it this time?"NO" :-[

Back to the house again, my son Tim say's dad your tyre's flat, located the problem a bolt in the wall, no problems fit new wheel.

Back out to the cow, wrestled in the mud, got here clear and hit her with calcium boost, she still wouldn't stand, then fed the rest.

Oh well getting late I said to the boys "Lets light some fires" so we have been at the fires ever since and all going well with about 2000cubic yards alight already, I got back in about 1am this morning as the rain finally came, am I complaining? "No way, bring on that beautifull moisture." whats even better the old cow is walking around like nothing happed except for a fair bit of bark missing off her hide from being dragged up the side of the dam.

Tim and Mitchell with Santa Gertrudis bull looking on.

If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

breederman

What happens when you have a bad day? ;)
Together we got this !

Mooseherder

That bull was lookin' on hoping you could save his buddy.

DanG

Thanks for an interesting post, WildDog. :) :)

Life in the country is life in the country, regardless of the continent or hemisphere. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Texas Ranger

Nah, DanG, I have NEVER had it that bad.  Looks like Loki jumped on his back and rode him like a rented mule.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!