iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2 other NZ mills from Fieldays

Started by Ianab, June 12, 2003, 01:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Hi Folks
A few more pics were in the Digital camera after the Feildays trip
First one is the Mahoe Mill, 2 circular blades running on a big solid beam. I believe it's something like your Mobile Dimension saw.

The 2nd Mill is the Rimu mill, also a two blade circle type. This one with frame similar to the Peterson setup. A manual version and a full hydralic setup with log loaded and a fixed log bed.

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

KiwiCharlie

G'day lanab,
The Mahoe's still my favourite.  Good ole local boys too!  Saw a couple of "tweaks" on it since last years model.  Id like to see how it would go in the Sawmill Shootout.
That Rimu setup wth the fixed bed was a Monty!
There still is a high emphasis on portability with the mills here, as a lot of guys need to be able to get right out into the wop-wops!
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

DanG

Thanx for the pix.  I had never heard of either of those mills.
The Mahoe looks like a mini version of the MD. It is built a lot lighter.  Is it automatic, or do you push it, or what?
The bigger Rimu looks like it has a fortune in hydraulic hoses on it.  I don't know why they would need that much hydraulics on this type mill. ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

KiwiCharlie

G'day DanG,
The Mahoe unit is auto.  In the top pic, you can see a yellow lever - that is attatched to 2 wires that run through a friction drive.  Thats the blue thing you can see in the second picture.  Depending on how much force you put to the handle, that regulates the speed of the head moving.
I posted a few pics last year of this mill:
https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=sawmill;action=display;num=1024285937;start=0

Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

Thank You Sponsors!