Fla._Deadheader

8) 8)  Nice Murdercycle, Greg  8) 8) ::) :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Warbird

I'd say that has a bit more 'scoot' that a typical 'scooter'.  ;)  Very nice.  :)

badpenny

Very nice, like the style (insert drooling smiley here)
Hope and Change, my foot,  It's time for Action and Results!

Ron Scott

Very nice, what size and model Harley is it?
~Ron

Reddog

Nice  8)

But that isn't going to go in the sand very well. :o :D

Furby

Mooseherder

dnalley

XL 1200N ???  Nice looking bike, Greg.  Be careful and enjoy!  8)

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

zopi

Ahhh..Let the Healing begin!

Rode a 1200C for a couple of years...upgraded to an Ultra Classic...love it everyday!
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

pasbuild

Is this one of those moments where you ask for forgiveness  ;D :D :D
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Corley5

Yup, Sportster XL 1200N Nightster in Mirage Orange Pearl and Vivid Black  8) 8)  Surely not a vehicle for all Michigan seasons  ;D but it's fun in the summer.  It registered 50 miles on the clock when I parked it in the shed a few minutes ago.  Dee granted me permission on the premiss that in a couple years I'll want a Big Twin and she'll get this one  ;) ;D  It's not a bike I'd want to set out on a cross country ride but for zipping around here it's just the thing.  I need saddle bags and pipes for it.  It's too quiet and I can't carry anything that won't fit in my pockets.  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Corley5

I got permission but when I came home Thursday and told her I needed a ride to Gaylord Friday to pick up my new Harley she wasn't real happy for a while  :D :D  I guess she didn't think I was really going to do it  ;) :) :)

logwalker

Corley, why does it have to be loud to enjoy it. Think Stealth.  ;)
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Corley5

I can just barely hear it with my helmet on right now  ;) ;D

pigman

Greg, you had better keep that bike quiet so you can hear us ol fart drivers a coming and get out of the way.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

dnalley

Quote from: logwalker on July 06, 2008, 12:11:33 AM
"Loud pipes save lives"  (but not necessarily your hearing).  Ever notice how sometimes you hear 'em coming up behind you before you actually see 'em?

Left Coast Chris

The street legal "quiet" pipes have some real positive points.

Bike owners tend to like to ride with others which is very enjoyable but when entering a park or other public places the noise is almost unbearable to most others that are used to normal noise levels.    Soccer games are played at  our large park and when groups of bikes come through they have had to stop games because you cannot hear the referees.

I also get a kick out of some of the more refined Harley owners who wear foam ear plugs when they are riding.  I guess we are all going to need them the way Harleys are selling.   
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

logwalker

Just my opinion, it is a free country (sort of), but I hate em'. I live on a hill and can hear them for miles. Don't appreciate it. Some small airplanes are even more obnoxious. But if that is what you want then have at it.  8)
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

logwalker

Quote from: dnalley on July 06, 2008, 09:28:23 AM
"Loud pipes save lives"  (but not necessarily your hearing).  Ever notice how sometimes you hear 'em coming up behind you before you actually see 'em?

Loud pipes don't save lives, they create enemies. Think about it. BTW, I ride almost every day. Joe

dnalley

My apologies, Joe.  I try to never make an enemy out of anyone, especially a FF co-hort.
I, too ride quite a bit, with stock, very quiet, pipes.  I still believe the more you are seen and heard, the better your chances on a bike.  Some people just don't see you sometimes, at the best they can do.  That's just one of the reasons we have to be ever vigilant.  Some people consider you to be an enemy just merely because you RIDE a bike!!  Guess that's a pretty good reason to quieten down rather than antagonise someone.  Some pipes are loud, and then many of them are just TOO LOUD.  Thanks, Dwight

Dave Shepard

Quote from: logwalker on July 06, 2008, 01:22:44 PM
Quote from: dnalley on July 06, 2008, 09:28:23 AM

Loud pipes don't save lives, they create enemies. Think about it. BTW, I ride almost every day. Joe

LW, I agree, loud pipes make enemies. Do you really want to tick off some one in a three ton truck?

The AMA (American Motorcycle Association) does not support the loud pipes thing. ;)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Corley5

I'm not gonna put drag pipes on my scooter  ;) just a step louder than stock  :) :)

Captain

My 1200 Sportster has a "Thunder Header"  2 into 1 setup.  Love it, and the performance gain was noteworthy.  It's noisy, but not obnoxious.

Have fun and be safe Greg

Captain

Thank You Sponsors!