iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Crapola Tree

Started by Kevin, July 24, 2008, 05:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Jeff

I take it the juice was already dejuiced.?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

Utility juice?

Communications cable, not joint use in that location.
It was one of about six trees I had.
If I don't keep caught up and we have a wind storm I have a hard time getting to them in a single day with all the driving involved.

Jeff

Kevin, are those cables strung with steel cable or something to give them the strength to hold up to that?

Mr Mom

What is your you tube name??
Would like to add you to my list.
I like to watch loggers and people fell trees.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Kevin

Jeff

I've been snubbed. :-\ ;)

Kevin

Sorry Jeff, didn't see that.   :D

There's a steel strand or messenger that comes in two sizes for the cable we use, depends on the weight and span factor.
The messenger is placed and tensioned on the poles then the cable is lashed with a light gauge steel wire to the messenger.
If you don't get the trees off then the lashing wire gets rubbed and breaks which causes the cable to drop off the messenger.
The cable then has to be delashed completely then relashed once the tree has been removed so it makes sense to get the trees off prior to any damage.

This was done by a large White Pine, I can't remember but it might be a fiber optic cable because it's double lashed.

beenthere

Quote from: Kevin on July 25, 2008, 05:26:33 PM

Here's one from today ...

Kevin, you go to great heights to make firewood.  ;D ;D ;D

Good video, and thanks. Felt like I was in that tree with you.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

That was a tree?   I thought it was a flag pole.   That must take a lot of skill to hang onto a pole like that.

Kevin

I've seen bigger flag poles Tom  :D, but I was lucky to have it.
Those balsm don't last long for some reason.
The tree that was dead was full of ants, I see lots of these trees that are loaded with ants.

beenthere, thanks.
I wish the video quality was better , it was about sixteen minutes prior to visiting the cutting room floor.

stonebroke

In Upstate NY Verizon doesn't believe in cutting trees off their lines. I had to call the public service commission to get them to come cut a aspen off the line down the road. They would rather wait  until the line comes down and then fix it.

Stonebroke

Kevin

Our company won't spend any money on line clearance until the trees actually fall on the lines.
It's usually safer and costs less to cut them before they come down, especially the dead ones that are leaning but I can't convince anyone of that.
If I'm taking one off the line and there's another close by that's dead and leaning it gets dropped anyway.
Large limby trees that fall with their tops ten feet or more across the cable can be an effort at times.

Thank You Sponsors!