iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hiking and Backpacking

Started by maestro, July 03, 2008, 10:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maestro

Any of you like to hike or backpack?  We hike now as much as possible and backpack in the spring, fall and winter.  Here is our trip last weekend to Rockwoods Reserve in Missouri.  Trail was totally torn up by horses so the going was slow and tricky.  Good thing we love the Ozarks! 

(Thanks Tom!)

The rest can be found in my gallery
https://forestryforum.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1909
For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.  Martin Luther

Tom

It does look like you are having a good time.  It looks like a sllippery trail.

maestro

Thanks Tom, although the treadway was ruined we did have a good time.  Weather was as close to perfect as possible and everything was green!  Renden (Mrs. Maestro) has developed an interest in mushrooms so we have a ton of pics for her to identify now too. 
For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.  Martin Luther

Sprucegum

I never miss an oportunity to walk in the woods - any woods - any weather. That looks real nice there. Thanks for sharing.
We like pics of mushrooms too!  8)

thecfarm

I use to do some hiking many years ago.I married my wife and she has a bum knee and leg.Kinda put a stop to that.Now it's just walks around here now.Which is fine.Looks like a nice place for a hike.It's always good to get out with the one you're with and enjoy the day outside.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WildDog

Looks like a nice sheltered place for a summer walk maestro, I know if I was the one in the lead my wife couldn't resist jabbing me with those pointed poles you guys carry.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

SwampDonkey

meastro, I like doing this as well. I don't carry the poles, but I'm used to walking on some pretty rough terrain in the woods. Just need the proper foot gear. My woodlot trails are probably as rough as those horse trodden ones with all the moose walking the same trails. Some of mine are wet at times, I even walk my scarification rows in my spruce plantings, more in the spring and fall months, but summer as well looking for an oak or butternut seedling or a nice shaped sugar maple tree or how tall did that balsam fir grow this year, or inspecting how many pine the moose ripped up. ;D

I've walked a few trails around Virginia and NC
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ironwood

I have logged a bunch of miles in the wilderness (former life as a wilderness Experiential Education Facilitator with troubles teens, 200+ days a year in my sleeping bag from Canada to Mexico). I would NOT leave home w/ out hikiing poles. Versatile, and help emensly w/ the rough spots AND knees! I see you got "IT".

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!