iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hud-son Oscar 30

Started by SeaBass, July 02, 2008, 04:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBass

well i bought a Oscar 30 with 16hp briggs and strat engine about 18 months ago, and i love it. I can cut up to 33ft long. The biggest one that I have cut was a 24in by 32ft long frozen white pine for my log house. No Problem! So my question is what do you guys think of that mill and what kind of maintnance you guys would do on it. What can i expect to go first normally?
Thanks!!!

logwalker

Welcome SeaBass. Don't know much about the Oscars but I am sure somebody will log in and help out. Come back often and tell us how it is working for you. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Ironwood

Sea,

I have stopped by there "factory" there in the Daks (well OK south of the Daks), Barnveld,  basic simple mill. No frills for sure. Watch the raise/ lower mech. a buddy with a 52 has had issues.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Rancher

I have had my Oscar 36 for over 5 years now with hardly any trouble. Last year the shaft on the outside wheel broke. My dealer told me that for a while they had some with some bad steel. He gave me one free. Other than that I just changed a guide bearing a couple weeks ago.
No frills for sure but very little trouble either.
If you're honest you don't have to trust your memory.

Russ

I had a 36" Oscar. I  wired  a winch solenoid into the updown switch.  I know of others that had a problem with this switch. It only takes a little moisture to make this switch malfunction. The fix was trouble free for several years.

arj

Just saw this thread,I also have an oscar 36 and have had the same problems
as already mentioned. I`ve also changed blade guide bearings, and pads after
a 100,000 bd.ft. The winch died last fall after 7 years, guess I got my moneys
worth. Made a few mods to the log stops and dogs to suit the way I work.
some pics in my album. I have no complaints, the mill dose more than I ever
expected to do with it.
                                                arj

Thank You Sponsors!