iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

soda pop coke whatever ya wanna call it

Started by thedeeredude, June 25, 2008, 08:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

Does anyone have soda sweetened with maple sugar?  I had a brainstorm at work and thought it might taste good.  Maple sugar tastes good and soda tastes good, if ya mix em itll taste good right ;D

maestro

I'm thinking the only way we're going to know how good it really is, is for you to make up a batch and send it to the membership for tasting!  I'm in for that!
For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.  Martin Luther

thedeeredude

I gotta get some recipes :D  Maybe some ginger maple ale. 8)

low_48

I found this recipe, wish I had maple syrup ;)

Maple Yogurt Ice Cream Soda Recipe

You will love this Yogurt Ice Cream Soda with syrup recipe celebrating the great taste of maple. Adding Pennsylvania maple syrup to this recipe is the best way to put a sweet spin on ice cream.

Recipe Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons Pennsylvania Maple Syrup
    * 1/4 cup Plain Yogurt
    * 1 scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
    * Cold Sparkling Water

Recipe Directions

1. Combine maple syrup and yogurt in glass and stir well.
   2. Add ice cream and fill glass with sparkling water and stir well.

CHARLIE

My grandparents used to drink Sweet'n Water.  It was a glass of water with some cane syrup in it. Stir it up and drink it like a glass of tea.  Tom and I were told it was a drink the field hands drank  back in the latter 19th Centry. The sugar gave them extra energy.....it tasted good too.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

SwampDonkey

Lots put maple syrup into coffee, those that use sugar. I do use sugar, but just a bit. I have tried syrup in it and I was not too fond of it. It's meant for pancakes and biscuits and baked beans. My grandfather could live off those alone even if he hadn't the syrup. Salmon, trout and fiddle heads would be the main course and he caught a mountain of them and picked the greens to sell in his guide canoe along the Tobique. I never knew him to be a real big eater, but he always had lots of grub. That's the way it was in the good old days. If you wanted salmon, he went and got one. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!