iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

one tough hickory

Started by Lanier_Lurker, June 25, 2008, 12:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanier_Lurker

This small pignut hickory tree is growing on the edge of the lake bed of Lake Lanier here in Georgia.

This first picture shows that it seems pretty vigorous and healthy.

This second picture shows the hardships it has been coping with.  Once it reached about 4 inches in diameter someone decided it needed to be cut.  Then it sent a couple of stump sprouts out.  And somewhere along the way, the water level of the lake washed out and undercut the bank - exposing much of the tap root.  This little tree is certainly determined.  :)

WDH

The sweetgum is trying to lend a hand ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dave Shepard

First time I've seen that technique to get around the 450 pixel limit. :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Lanier_Lurker

Well, I figured it was a reasonable thing to do since there is apparently no limit (that I have found) on either the number of pictures, or the total aggregate size of all pictures, that can be included on an individual post.  I've seen single posts from other members with over 20 pictures in them.  At 40KB a pop, that can add up.

I do ensure that the composite picture will render correctly on a screen that is 1024 pixels wide.  Very few people nowadays use a horizontal screen size smaller than 1024 (especially with the 16:10 aspect wide screens).  I also try to keep the total size of the composite picture as small as possible.  Most of the individual "piclets" are well under the FF size limit.

With plant id pictures in particular, one good picture is worth a dozen mediocre pictures.

Don P

It does come up on my slow connection as 9 red x's though, as do many of the pic intensive threads. I can bring them up a click at a time but its something to think about. The you tube links usually just time me out :-\

WDH

Quote from: Lanier_Lurker on July 27, 2008, 08:17:30 AM
With plant id pictures in particular, one good picture is worth a dozen mediocre pictures.

Say it again, brother!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!