iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lets See Em'

Started by Tombstone, June 23, 2008, 08:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombstone

Lets see some pictures of them skidders you own!!
1976 Clark 666B Cable Skidder,Huskie 372, Old Johnny Red Saw, Old Chevy Ton Truck,1972 Massey 20 Tractor, Cutting keeps me sane!

Dave Shepard

Here is mine as I first saw it. It's in a lot more pieces now. Just waiting for the parts to get here and it will be up and running.

This is my current log and firewood fetcher:

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

BBK

Been usung this 100 hp tractor and Farmi winch since the 1970's

I love Farming, Logging, Sawmilling, Fishing, and Hunting.

tyb525

BBK looks like we're using similar tractors

..I use mine for mostly flat open woods, and have yet to put a winch of on (chains have worked fine for the several years I've used it.) The crane (which my dad made) is nice for lifting the ends of logs. I wish it had a wide front though. I use my atv for rougher ground, although it can't pull near as big logs.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

BBK

TYB,

Red tractors are good!! 8)

The 806 we have has been a good worker for 41 years.

I see you have a hydro, looks handy.
I love Farming, Logging, Sawmilling, Fishing, and Hunting.

OneWithWood

This unit (The BIG Lemon) has been replaced by another 450C of the same vintage.  The timber winch, risers, and extended stack were salvaged from this one and transferred to the newer one.
I have yet to take a pic of the newer one because it is always working and has not broke down yet.  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

TeaW

This is my old 440 JD been in the bush from first snow till spring for about the last 17 years.

It's old but not as old as me I don't know who willl ast longer.
TeaW

DR_Buck

Quote from: OneWithWood on June 25, 2008, 11:02:50 AM

This unit (The BIG Lemon) has been replaced by another 450C of the same vintage.  The timber winch, risers, and extended stack were salvaged from this one and transferred to the newer one.
I have yet to take a pic of the newer one because it is always working and has not broke down yet.  ;)

Show Off !     ;)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DR_Buck

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

tyb525

BBK, the hydro is handy, especially for when you need it to go real slow, and it nice when pulling heavy stuff cause there's no shifting. It has a high and a low range which is nice for the road. Ours is only a 656 so it's not quite as big, but I think its around the same age.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

J_T

Will try to get some photos of my TJ225 tomorrow But if you seen one red TJ 225 you got an idia only mine has the shiney side down an the rubber side up  :'( :'( I flipped it about four oclock today Got more knots on my head than a pine tree  :( But could been lots worse
Jim Holloway

leweee

J_T did it look like this one. ???

stupid skidder tricks
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

J_T

Yep that is it just a fresher paint job  :D :D I'm in the woods no good grass  ::) Is that one yours ???
Jim Holloway

leweee

my boss's.....needless to say he was not a happy camper. smiley_furious

here is mine.

My Full Length Tree Forwarder
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

JV

I bought this Massey Ferguson 50E 70 horse with loader a year ago.  I added the thumb to the bucket and clamped a couple of old chisel plow shanks on for extensions.  Works great to move brush.  I leave my Farmi 501 on the back for a counterweight when not skidding.  The size of the tractor and the 4 wheel drive make it nice machine for my use.  It also has a set of forks that quick attach to the bucket.  I also have a Case 850 track loader with a 4-way bucket.

John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

SAW

Quote from: TeaW on June 25, 2008, 05:20:22 PM
This is my old 440 JD been in the bush from first snow till spring for about the last 17 years.

It's old but not as old as me I don't know who willl ast longer.

We got a 440 series A just like that.  Love that machine

Ed_K

Taylor skidder 453 detroit

This is what I'm using right now. Its cheaper on fuel  ;D .

Ed K

Wallys World

John Deere Gator and my logging arch

Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Left Coast Chris

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

tyb525

Chris that looks like a big logging arch.

Left Coast Chris

Its actually an old propane tank hauler with a 12v hydraulic dual cylinder arm on top for lifting the log.  Pretty slick.  Not many of them around anymore.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

amberwood

here we go, old and well used but fires first time.

TJ2005HR, Ford Diesel

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

jack26

Dave Shepard

Welcome to the Forum jack26!

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!