iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ain't I cute!!

Started by CHARLIE, June 10, 2003, 08:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

Here I am with my new hardhat that Tom gave me for Christmas.  I'll be wearing it today when chainsawing my MiniWhack O' Logs of cherry, hackberry and red elm up into a lot of bowl blanks. Lots of woodturning ahead! 8) 8)

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

OneWithWood

Oh, yeah!  You be stylin' now  8)
Can't wait to see pics of all them bowls and things.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

chet

Yup, yu be cute.  ;)  And it's safer for yur ears and eyes too.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Bibbyman

I'm for sure prejudice but when it come to cute,  I'm voting for my granddaughter Brook.

She was helping Grandma when a little power nap overcame her.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

johncinquo

That looks about like me after lunch.  I knew I shouldnt have bought the soft office chair.
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

CHARLIE

Hey Bibbyman! I remember when you first posted that picture and I have to admit. She's got me on being cute. But even though she's cuter than me.....I'm still cute! ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

Yep'n make a pretty good li'l brother too. ;D

Jeff

Yes, a real cutie. Charlie, why did you keep clicking on my picture for 2 days?

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

Geeeeezzzz.....That's been there forever!  I think you made me look even better than I really do Jeff! Thanks! ;D
Charlie

CHARLIE

I cut up my miniwhack of logs and now have over 100 bowl blanks of cherry, hackberry and red elm. I also have some shorts that I'll turn into bowls by turning endgrain. And a cherry burl that I haven't figured how to dissect yet. All of it is painted with Greenwood Endgrain Sealer.  Lots of sawing!
 ;D

Charlie

Tom

You've been a busy little feller, Charlie. :D   Did you do a good job sharpening your chainsaw?  (I showed him how ;D )

Hey, look, he used his ear muffs and helmet. 8)

CHARLIE

Yup, I sharpened my supercharged Craftsman chainsaw. ;D But the DanG thing got cantankerous and wouldn't run. I'd start it up and it would run for a minute and then die. I cleaned the airfilter and that didn't help. Not sure what the problem is. I reckon I'll buy a new plug.  Anyway, I had to get out my electric Poulan to do all the cutting. It did a fair enough job but I'm sure it cut slower.

Heck yeah I wore my helmet and ear protectors. ;D
Charlie

Jeff

You better get that sawdust cleaned out of the grass before momma sees it!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

Yup, you are right Jeff. But I'm in charge of the lawn....not the plants, just the lawn. Where I've had the logs sitting, the grass died. Where I had the short logs sitting, the grass has turned yellow. I reckon I best get all that saw dust up before the grass dies there to. ;D But, if it does....it'll grow back in time.  Besides, it's on the west side of my shop next to the alley. I kind of like to leave stuff like that so the neighbors will take notice that I have been working. :D :D :D
Charlie

Thank You Sponsors!