iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new purchase

Started by Wallys World, June 15, 2008, 09:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallys World

I purchased these warehouse carts (wagons) from a government auction. I paid $180 for the pair. I need to go to Ft. Bragg, NC next week to get them. They should come in handy around the mill.
They are 3 feet X 10 feet.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Dave Shepard

Neat, are they hard rubber tires or air? A friend of mine has some carts very similar to that. They were from GE, 10 ton rating. He mounted a knuckleboom on one, and a drive axle. We drove it into a house and built a castle wall with it. :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Wallys World

The tires are air, unknown weight rating on the carts. There is no info on the data tag refering to weight.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

tyb525

By the looks of the tounge, I imagine it could handle quite a bit of weight. You could probably fill it all the up with a pretty tall stack of lumber and be ok.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

sgtmaconga

i have been looking at thoses type at our local air force bace. let us know how well they work out.
Measure twice cut once

Wallys World

Well I did it again. I got to stop looking at the Government Liquidation auctions. This time it is a Remorques JMS ATV logging/dump trailer. It needs a little work but the price was right, $140. Need to go and get it next week in Portsmouth, VA after the Ft. Bragg trip to get the carts.
The log bunks are not there but I can make them. I checked the Remorques JMS web site and it is still being made. Baileys lists it for around $1800.

Warbird

Wow.  Where do you find these auctions at??

Wallys World

Warbird, check out www.govliquidation.com. They list all the military surplus for the government. You can search by state as well by item. For me it is easy to find a lot of items in my area, Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland and Pennysvania. You need to be able to travel or you can hire someone to pick the items up for you. It is quite an interesting site just to look at and really see what happens to "our" money.

KnotBB

If there is an 'NSN" (National Stock Number) or a part number on the data tag and you can get access to "FedLog" which is a CD of all federal stock number with a cross reference to part number it might have the specs.  Just about any federal agency should have a copy or access.
If you've got a friend in the military/government with an office you might ask. 
To forget one's purpose is the commonest form of stupidity.

cantcutter

Careful with govliquidation......you will get burned on there. I bid good money on a hydraulic wrench a few years ago and even called to verify that it was what they had listed......YUP, Yup, Yup...... thats what it is......welll it wasn't and all bids are final.

I actually have a another auction site that auctions this stuff off and its not a private contract like govliquidation.... it's DRMO like in the old days..... I might even share the link if people are nice..... the down side is it is alot harder to find stuff on, but that keeps the prices cheap.

stumpy

Please share the link ::)
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Wallys World

I made my two trips this week with no problems. At both locations they even loaded me. As far as myself, it was a great deal.

cantcutter

Quote from: Wallys World on June 20, 2008, 11:33:25 PM
Well I did it again. I got to stop looking at the Government Liquidation auctions. This time it is a Remorques JMS ATV logging/dump trailer. It needs a little work but the price was right, $140.

Yeah when I lived in Greensboro I had alot of sick days from work making trips to Fort Bragg, Camp lejeune, and Norfolk shipyard.

The Drmo site is: http://www.drms.dla.mil/sales/property/search/search.html
It will take some time to figure out how to search and bid on stuff. It's not an easy site to navigate, but it has gotten better in the past few years.

Wallys World

Here are a couple of pictures of the logging trailer after a couple of repairs. I cut the clevis hitch off and replaced it with a ball coupler and made the log bunks out of 1" pipe inside of 1 1/2" pipe. Also I fixed the rear tire that was flat. Now it is time to go get more firewood with it.

The bunks just slide into the frame and are easily removed.

thecfarm

I myself put tubes in all of my woods trailers.That way they stay up most of the time.When they do go flat,another tube in put in.Most times this is years before they go flat or need air.Now lets see some wood on it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ironwood

Looks good,..............what are you doing w/ the bed?

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Wallys World

Ironwood, I don't know what I am going to do with the bed yet. It needs a little repair, the front cross member is shot, but it is only 2 inch channel iron. The bed floor in the front needs a plate all the way across.  Would you be interested if I decide not to keep it?

Ironwood

Sounds like perhaps that is why it was DRMO'ed. After all, it was "shot and rusted out", probably scratched as well. (all sarcasm). Our tax dollars at work. I too have benefited from this attitude. I haven't perused the Govliquid site lately.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Wallys World

Nothing like paying for it twice, the original government cost paid by us and the cost for me to take off their hands. Like you said "our tax dollars at work". But there are some great deals to be had if you are smart about it. I know my hauling limits and the most distance I will travel.

Wallys World

Well, here are pictures of the 1st load out of firewood on my new to me logging trailer.

It handled the load well, bunks are 26" apart and 3 feet high.

Thank You Sponsors!