iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Built a grapple

Started by Woodwalker, June 15, 2008, 05:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodwalker

It's not finished in this picture, added some braceing worked it most of yesterday picking up brush and limbs. Got to clea it up and get some paint on it.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Warbird

Nice work!  Is it sturdy enough to lift logs or is it strictly a brushing tool?

Woodwalker

I built it for brush, could use it to pick up some logs, but the point that the quick attachment are placed at present won't let it curl back as much as I would like. I've got to use it some more to figure out if I want to change the attavhment point.

beenthere

Looks awesome, and wondering which loader and tractor it is on? 

Any idea about what it weighs?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Woodwalker

Tractor is a 5425 with a 542 loader. Guessing the weight at 800#'s.

thecfarm

Good job.That looks nice.Did you bend the metal,cut it that way? Not A JD man.How many hp is a 5425?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodwalker

Metal was cut with a CNC machine. Ribs are T1 and most of the rest is lower tensel strength. 5425 is smoewhere around 80HP.

ely

woodwalker, looks nice can you say how much money you have invested time and material wise.

Woodwalker

The T1 plate wasn't cheap, I think about $800.00 in metal and $500.00 in hyq.'s.

ibseeker

That's an impressive piece of work. Looks like it'll do it the job.
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

beav39

looks nice always wanted to make one
sawdust in the blood

ely

good job, you are under half price by building it yourself. 8)

Ron Scott

~Ron

TexasTimbers

Looks great. Real nice work.

Did the missus cook bacon the next morning after all that welding or did she think to give you a break? :D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Woodchuck53

Woodworker that is a fine pc. of mach. Will you be adding more pictures of it in action after painting? We want to add something like that to our Case 1030 for the bigger logs we get. Will try and print the photos out so I can try that myself. Good neat job. CV
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Woodwalker

I'll post some more, or I can email you some with better resulation?

Woodchuck53

Evening woodwalker yes the pictures would be great-- chuck.voorhies@bp.com`will try this project this winter. Thanks Chuck
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Thank You Sponsors!