iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Scavenging for lunch

Started by Tom, June 11, 2008, 04:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I was digging through the refrigerator, looking for something to quell my midday hunger and found some left-over pot roast in a plastic container.  There were two "left-over" hamburger buns in the bread bin so, I thought, "Sandwich".

I put the meat on the bun with some mayonnaise and it was good.  It was good, but something was missing.  I put some mustard on it and that helped, but still, something was missing.  Then I saw the jar of Jalapeno slices that woodbowl gave to me the last time I visited.  I loosened the top, with a pop, and the wonderful aroma of pickled jalapenos filled the kitchen.  I ate one.  Oh!, it was good.  Onto the sandwich went about 8 rounds and I retired to the TV set to watch the History Channel.  Blam!  Power failure.  Wouldn't you know it?  The only rain we've had around here in a while and it takes out the electricity.  Oh well, I've got my sandwich and a hot cup of coffee. 

Sitting there the better part of 15 minutes, I enjoyed that sandwich. The jalapenos made it be "just right'.  Thanks Woodbowl. :)

WDH

From the title of this thread, I imagined that you were stopped on the side of the road harvesting a little roadkill :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

:D :D ; Sometimes there' s not much difference in our "Fibber McGee" refrigerator and US-441 except for the air conditioning.  :D :D

ohsoloco

I was thinking, from the title of this thread, that it was about Freegans  :-\

Texas Ranger

DanG, Danny beat me to :-\ the punch.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!